Tameka's Blog Header Image 820x142

April is always a busy month for me.  Of course I always procrastinate and file my taxes at the last minute.  I don’t know why I do it.  I just do it.  No reason at all.

April is also a big time for my sisterhood.  Some of you may know, I am a member of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.  In April we have our regional meetings.  At every regional event chapters have the opportunity to compete for an outstanding chapter display award.  The chapter display includes the yearly scrapbook. The scrapbook is my job.  I love it.  Lo and behold, I wait until the last minute to do that also.   I don’t plan to wait until the last minute.  I always fully intend to work on the pages as the events come throughout the sorority year.  It just never happens.  I always end up doing everything at the last minute.

I also have my daughter’s birthday in May, which means lots of work to do in April in preparation for the party.

Needless to say I have a lot going on.  However, on April 13, 2013, I breathed a huge sigh of relief.  It all started on Friday, April 12, 2013 when I pulled an all-nighter!  I had to go through my Sorority Calendar and create a check list of all of the events which needed to go into our scrapbook.   Then I had to get the pictures.  None of the pictures were taken by me.  I had to scour Facebook and my emails gathering photos.  I even had to send out a few email requests for photos.  I collected and imported my photos into Memory Manager 4.0.  I placed them in a Sorority Scrapbook 2013 folder and tagged each event. I then sorted through all of the images and rated the images I wanted to put in the scrapbook.   That is when the real work began.

I started with the first event; brought my top rated photos into StoryBook Creator 4.0 Software; chose a Blueprint; populated the Blueprint with photos and then went on to the next event.  I repeated this process for each event.  Once all of the events were fully populated into a Blueprint, I went back to each page to add journaling and content.   I used three papers, three colors and two gradients throughout the entire album.  I created a total of 19 pages.   Total time spent collecting photos, organizing photos, rating photos and creating the pages: 9 HOURS.   Woo hoo!  That is the power of the pixels2Pages Blueprint.  I used a different Blueprint for every page.  I was indeed amazed.  I finished the scrapbook pages so quickly that I was able to do my taxes as well.  Yey!

Well, here is 1 of the pages I created using pixels2Pages Blueprints.  Unfortunately, I can’t show you them all because as I said… it is for a competition.  🙂

Blueprint: Road Trip by Shelley Alexander

Sisterhood Blog

15 Responses to Blog: Sisterhood, Parties and Taxes

1. Sue says:

Wow, they always say ask a buzy woman if you want to get a job done. I think you fit the description . Some great plans here.

2. Tameka, I love the process you went through – so systematic! I FINALLY (at the zero hour when a product certificate was getting ready to expire) finished my husband’s Peru album using mostly all blueprints and your method! You page is inspiring and so are the women there! Thank you for celebrating with them this way! This book is sure to win!

3. Anne says:

Great looking page Tameka!! I am also a last minute kind of gal so can relate! I came to use p2P Blueprints probably later than anyone on the team and now of course, am totally addicted! Always thought it was easier to just plunk the number of empty photo holders that I needed on the page and then try to create something quickly that would look ‘ok.’ What was I thinking? Now I count the photos and then go to my p2P Blueprint folder, scroll to find the BP that has the same number of photo frames and Voila! All that’s left is to add photos, add paper and a couple of embellishments and DONE!

4. Jan says:

Good for you, Meka! I am busily working on finishing my taxes now, even though I’ve already filed for an extension for the first time EVER. Maybe I should get extensions for all of my long-overdue StoryBook projects…. Oh, and I’m sure your scrapbook will win! xx

5. Sharon says:

I would like to know how you created the background page with your Sorority’s name and the font that you used on that page. This is a great page and your chapter is very lucky to have your genius.

6. Felisha says:

That is why I LOVE the blueprints!! I’ve started using them for everything!! I suppose I should start back on the challenges so that I can add some spark to some of my pages…

7. junegauntley says:

Love the colour scheme, Tameka! Gorgeous page! And I know the rest will be also! You will WIN for sure! 9 hours….wow…..amazing! Congratulations on getting this AND your taxes done! 🙂

8. Connie Stone says:

I know you’ll win Shelly ~ it’s beautiful! 🙂

9. sistersunshine says:

Meka, Peace & joy. I have to agree with you about the power of p2P BP’s. Over Easter I power scrapped almost 50 pages… and LOVED them. I limited my content choices… made the whole book unified without working at it, and so HAPPY that I almost have one Christmas gift completed. Working under a self imposed or time imposed deadline works best for me. (Taxes have been done for a while, but I have to say that I remember all to many ‘extensions’ that we filed in our past) *U* Kathleen

10. Bridget says:

Okay all you late procrastinators doing your taxes so “timely”…LOL!!! I am a tax accountant and you all have me laughing insanely because my job gets SO interesting on April 15. NOT!!! Everything is extended. LOL!!! Tameka can’t wait to see more pages AFTER you win. Hopefully you will share some more with us.

11. LILLIAN HAMADA says:

You are an inspiration!!! Good Luck!!!

12. Mary says:

Great page and can’t wait to see the rest of the book after you win of course! Thanks for inspiring me to get some projects completed! With Blueprints of course!

13. Penny says:

What a sharp looking page! I hope your scrapbook wins the competition. (Can we see more pages afterwards?) And I totally feel your pain with the last-minuteness of income tax prep. You should have seen me moaning and groaning yesterday as I tried to get it all finished up. 🙁 After I finished, I had to spend a few hours tagging my new content in SBC just to see something pretty. I was too wiped out mentally to actually CREATE anything at that point, so I just admired all the artwork in the new kits I during CM’s recent sale. The biggest mental challenge was what keywords to choose for each item. Next year, I SWEAR, I will not wait until the last minute for income taxes! {grin}