Tameka's Blog Header Image 820x142

Theta Rho Sigma, Bronx, NY Alumni Chapter!

Chapter Display Banner

I was so excited to blog about completing an entire scrapbook in just a few hours time in my Blog: Sisterhood, Parties and Taxes.  The scrapbook was a part of our Sorority Report/Display.  We entered our Sorority Report/Display in the Northeastern Region competition.  I created a custom coverset and several page prints to go into the scrapbook. Here is a jpeg image of the custom coverset I designed.

Sorority Custom Coverset custom cover - sgrho scrapbook

The scrapbook also consisted of letters, donation requests, thank you notes from those who received our assistance along with event fliers that I had created over the year.    I also created 3 Photo Panels representing this year’s regional theme: Uplifting our legacy of Sisterhood, Leadership and Service.  Two of the photo panels were 8×8 and one was 12×12.  I chose “Sisterhood” as the largest of the panels because everything we do begins and ends with sisterhood.

Sgrho display 2013 Leadership and service - Page 002Sgrho display 2013 Leadership and service - Page 001Chapter Display Banner

In the end we had a very simple and classic display.

Sorority Display (2)

I couldn’t share the scrapbook pages with you all before, because we were still waiting to be judged.  BUT GUESS WHAT???  Theta Rho Sigma Chapter of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority Incorporated are the proud recipients of the 2012-2013 Hattie Redford Award for Outstanding Chapter Reporting.sgrho chapter award

I wasn’t there to receive the award with the rest of the chapter, but I was able to celebrate online with chapter sorors, Facebook friends, pixels2Pages Team Members and a few p2P Peeps.  Now I can share with you all of the pages I created.  All of the pages (excepting the chapter starter, event fliers and photo panels) are pixels2Pages Blueprints.  For the most part I used very little content, I used papers I created using the Segment 3: Paper Palooza of the pixels2Pages Monochromadness Mango Portfolio.   The embellishments I did use were altered using Segment 2: Embellishment Evolution of the same Portfolio.

Enjoy my pages:

Sorority DisplaySgrho Scrapbook 2012-2013 - Page 001Sgrho Scrapbook 2012-2013 - Page 002Sgrho Scrapbook 2012-2013 - Page 003Sgrho Scrapbook 2012-2013 - Page 004

Sgrho Scrapbook 2012-2013 - Page 005Sgrho Scrapbook 2012-2013 - Page 006Sgrho Scrapbook 2012-2013 - Page 007Sgrho Scrapbook 2012-2013 - Page 008Sgrho Scrapbook 2012-2013 - Page 009Sgrho Scrapbook 2012-2013 - Page 010Sgrho Scrapbook 2012-2013 - Page 011Sgrho Scrapbook 2012-2013 - Page 012Sgrho Scrapbook 2012-2013 - Page 013Sgrho Scrapbook 2012-2013 - Page 014Sgrho Scrapbook 2012-2013 - Page 015Sgrho Scrapbook 2012-2013 - Page 016Sgrho Scrapbook 2012-2013 - Page 017Sgrho Scrapbook 2012-2013 - Page 018

Finally here are a few of the  flyers I created for the events.  These flyers were also made part of the Chapter Scrapbook.

sgrho flyers - Page 017 sgrho flyers - Page 018 sgrho flyers - Page 008 sgrho flyers - Page 007 sgrho flyers - Page 005 sgrho flyers - Page 004 sgrho flyers - Page 002 sgrho flyers - Page 001

23 Responses to Blog: And the winner is…

1. Kirsten Bush says:

Love it! You deserve to win 🙂 Congratulations!

2. Tracie says:

Congratulations! This is so inspiring, Tameka. Wow! What a great project for what is obviously a wonderful group. Thank you for sharing your work with us. Love it.

3. Suzdust says:

This is awesome Tameka – congratulations, well deserved recognition!

4. tvachowski tvachowski says:

This is amazing, Tameka! Congratulations! I recognized so many P2P blueprints in your book. It’s wonderful!

5. Patty Colton says:

Absolutely AWESOME! 🙂

6. annette says:

I’m blown away, Tameka! It is all absolutely magnificent!
    Question: what size did you make your fliers?

7. Gamble says:

Congratulations, Tameka! You are so talented!

8. Ok, Tameka, I just made an observation! Where are YOU on these pages? Were you the photographer? RULE: always hand the camera to another person so YOU can get in the photos, too!

• Tameka says:

I am in the leadership panel twice. But for the most part I wasn’t at the event or I forgot to take a picture of me. I took the job as editor in chief because of my inability to be at all the events. Editor in Chief allows me to work at home most time except for the monthly chapter meeting which I go to when I am not working.

I just realized the journaling on my last page did not save out right. Thankfully it printed correctly.

9. Congratulations Tameka! You did an absolutely AMAZING job and I’m not surprised at all that you won! Fantastic pages and fliers! You are quite the artist. What an impressive display!

10. inekeloux says:

Tameka – love the whole book. It is so much fun to see the blueprints “in action” Looks like you had fun putting this together too. Does your group need to put something together each year? You may just have found yourself another activity. Good thing it only took you a matter of hours. All looks great.

11. Ruth Bell says:

And you did this as an all-nighter. Wow! That was amazing.

12. Janis says:

Outstanding presentation! Congratulations!

13. KMacDigi says:

Hey! Great job : ) Congratulations on “wow”ing the judges with your awesome talent. Your sorors are so blessed to have you at the helm of this project. Thanks for letting us take a peek!

14. JR says:

Love your pages Tameka. You Rock!!!
    Janice

15. CathyDavis says:

Simple layouts, stunning results! Looks great!

16. westsea westsea says:

Absolutely spectacular – every page! Thank you so much for sharing this with us. And, I just have to ask – was the globe on page 1 something you created? It is awesome!

17. Cindy Rold says:

Congratulations!

18. penny@thedeuprees.com penny@thedeuprees.com says:

I am about to start a scrapbook for our garden club to enter in competition with other clubs in our Texas area………….. guess what, this has given me some great ideas and thankful you had this here before I got started. I have until October but am beginning to get organized! WOW thank you for sharing with us!!

19. Janice says:

Wooohoooo! Congratulations Tameka – everything looks so wonderful!