KH Blog Header

This week I had my art room at school open for an art display for parents to come in and have a look. It was a fabulous success and all of the children had the opportunity to bring in their mum and dad to show them their work.

I had framed artworks, hung them from strings, displayed them in groups and had a few bigger displays throughout the school. Everyone was most impressed with how the art room looked.  As I chatted to both the children and their parents the thing that really became very obvious was how proud the kids were of their efforts. And of course that made me feel very proud of the work they had done and gave me such an enormous feeling of self-satisfaction. What more can you ask for in your job, but to be satisfied and love going there. Which I do.

I love going to school every week and am very thankful to have been presented with the opportunity to teach art this year. I love it, the kids love it and even more than an awesome display here and there, it is loved by everyone in the school. And that’s a good feeling.

Art Display

11 Responses to A little self-satisfaction goes a long way!

1. Tina Bruderer says:

I failed art in highschool lol
    wish my son could be in your class there is an online homeschool classroom called currclick you ought to look into that plus you would make some christmas cash too

• Kerrianne says:

OH Tina,
      That is funny! I hardly have time to do all the things I do now!! I am pretty sure I could not do online home-schooling as well!!! But, thanks for the thought!

2. shirley shingara says:

Love what you have done with the students! Bravo! Meaningful work, well done! The recipe for satisfaction indeed.

3. Justine says:

This is fabulous Kerrianne! I am sure that your kids love having you as their art teacher and their parents are thrilled too (and probably also wishing that you were their art teacher- like most of the adults here!)

4. Fay Wilde says:

Art was my favorite subject and how lucky I was my teacher in 7th grade noticed that and she was not artsy at all so each holiday she invited me to decorate an unused blackboard on one side of the room for the occassion or a change each month. What a joy. It gave me wonderful memories and a great deal of satisfaction that I could do something beautiful. You are so blessed to be able to share yourself and your skills with children. A gold metal isn’t good enough, you have recieved many heart shared memories and that is a great reward. Thanks for caring and sharing.

5. Sandy says:

Kerrianne, I love what you are doing for your students. Thank you for the opportunity you are giving them. If only schools everywhere could have someone like you available to their students. I wish more school districts could understand the relationship between the arts and math. In a age when a student’s math scores mean more to a school than anything else, it surprises me that no one sees the correlation between lower scores and no arts programs. Arts were cut and the scores went down across the board. (I will now step down from my soapbox.)

6. Cindy Rold says:

I agree with Jan! Art felt like torture to me in school, when it should have been fun.

7. Kerrianne, can I be in your art class? So much fun! What a thrill to do what you love and love what you do and instill that love in those kids!

8. Jan says:

If you had been my art teacher, I might have loved art (and been better at it!) Good onya, KA!

9. Deanna Emmert says:

From me (a former elementary school teacher) to you (current teacher extraordinaire): YOU ARE AWESOME!!! 🙂

10. Anne says:

Look at all these wonderful pieces!! What a fun job and they are so lucky to have you as their guide to the fascinating world of painting, drawing, sculpting, and so much more! Thanks for sharing this!