You have spoken and we are listening!  Hundreds of you filled out our recent p2P Membership survey – you gave us lots to think about, and we thank you!  As we enter into our second year as sort of an ‘independent’ entity, we knew we needed to make some changes in our memberships, and you’ve helped us identify some of those.  We’ve had almost 12 months to deliver the ‘goods’ from the memberships we set up last summer, and with all of the changes happening at Creative Memories, now is the perfect time to make revisions in our plan.

One of our main goals is to streamline our customer experience – including everything from finding a more efficient way for you to download Blueprints and Pixie Dust to making it easier to navigate the website to having a schedule that’s easy to follow, understand, and remember.  We also heard your pleas to keep the price affordable, and we understand that times are tight.  We’re working on our plans for the future, and while we can’t share all of the details yet, we can tell you a few things that we have worked out.

Your survey responses reinforced a lot of what we already knew or suspected.  Almost all of you are Pixels2Pages members, and many of you don’t make a distinction between Snap2Share or Day2Day or Ready2Roll,  so we’ve decided to roll all of those memberships together and offer that single Pixels2Pages membership (as well as Back2Basics as a stand-alone membership).  As you may know, we stopped selling everything except Pixels2Pages monthly memberships and Back2Basics memberships earlier this month.  For now, those will be the only memberships available to purchase, and starting 1 October, we’ll begin selling P2P annual memberships again.  We will no longer be selling Snap2Share (Memory Manager), Day2Day (Project 365), or Ready2Roll (StoryBook Creator) memberships.  If you currently subscribe to one of those, we will be contacting you regarding your options going forward.

In thinking about ways we could keep our prices reasonable, we realized that if we reduce the number of current offerings, while still having something for you every day (Monday – Saturday), we could afford to maintain our current fee structure and have plenty to keep you busy.  Starting this week, we will be cutting back a little in some areas that are overflowing now.  We hope that you will barely notice the changes, and we think that you will still derive plenty of value from your P2P membership.  We now have over three years’ worth of training on the website already, and it’s not going anywhere!  We are making room in our schedules to have time to work on some exciting new developments – watch this space  for more details as we can share them!

Here is a summary of the main things that will be changing.  We will be phasing in these changes between now and 1 October 2013.  An updated August calendar will be posted this week.

• One Snap2Share tip each month
  • One Snap2Share video each quarter
  • One photography tip every other month
  • One journaling tip every other month
  • Two SBC tips per month
  • Nine 12 x 12″ Blueprints (any combination of single page, DPS, or WOW BPs plus either one DPS or two single page 7-opening BPs suitable for Day2Day projects, TBD by p2P), delivered in one download on the last Saturday of the month (for the following month) NOTE: We will be including 8.5 x 11″ Blueprints as well, in response to your feedback.
  • One video per week, including one Start2Finish video and three Video Tidbits each month
  • Four Pixie Dust collections per month, delivered in a single post on the last Saturday of the month (for the following month)

Other changes:

• Beginning 1 October 2013, Back2Basics lessons will not be included in a Pixels2Pages membership.  No new Classic Blueprints will be added to Back2Basics – it will become a static course.  NOTE: This change will be effective on 1 January 2014 in response to your feedback.
  • Beginning 1 October, 2013, Challenges will be presented as 8.5 x 11″ (A4) PDFs (instead of 12 x 12 pages) on an experimental basis.
  • Beginning this month, Workshops will not be included in P2P memberships; later this year, new workshops will be available separately.  Previously recorded workshops will still be available for P2P members.
  • Blog posts will be happening on Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.
  • There will be one post each day, Monday – Saturday, making it easy for you to keep up.  Blueprints and Pixie Dust for the following month will be posted on the last Saturday of the current month, starting in September (for October).
  • Here’s the new lineup: Monday – Challenges; Tuesday – Tips; Wednesday – Blog posts; Thursday – Videos; Friday – Blog posts; Saturday – Blog posts (and Blueprints & Pixie Dust downloads). We will highlight and post weekly sample pages (on Facebook) for Blueprints on Wednesdays and for Pixie Dust on Fridays.
  • Blueprints and Pixie Dust will be archived so that you will have access to Blueprints and Pixie Dust posted since you became a member (only back to September 2012).

While we are still working out a few final details with regard to memberships in general, this schedule will be posted in an updated calendar.  Prices will remain the same ($14 monthly, $150 yearly) for all Pixels2Pages memberships purchased and/or renewed through 31 December 2013.  NOTE: (Revised 18 Sept 2013) After some changes made since this article was first written, like adding 11 x 8.5 Blueprints back into the mix, and deciding to keep Back2Basics as part of the P2P membership through the end of December 2013, we have made a couple of changes regarding the price increase as well. Beginning 1 January 2014, prices will increase to $15 per month and $160 per year for Pixels2Pages memberships purchased and/or renewed (and for subsequent renewals of those memberships).  This means that everyone will be affected by the price increase beginning the first time your membership renews after 1 January 2014.  We have lessened the price increase to annual members (it was to be $165 per year; it will now be $160 per year – up from $150).

Be on the lookout for some changes in the appearance of the website which will make it much simpler for you to navigate the website – these will roll out early in September 2013.

We appreciate your patience as we work through the next six weeks.  We did not want to have to close down the website this year, so implementing these changes gradually will allow us to keep it up and running.  We are excited about the changes ahead, and we look forward to another fun year at pixels2Pages!

Tagged with →

133 Responses to NEWS: Changes in Memberships

1. lisabeif66@yahoo.com says:

HI,
    If I want to switch from a monthly membership to an annual membership, is that possible? I have been a member for about 4 months.

Thanks,
    Lisa B
    lisabeif66@Yahoo.com

2. Judy Reefschlager says:

Hi. I tried to log in, but it says I need to renew my membership. I thought it renewed automatically. Judy Reefschlager

• Alison says:

Hi Judy, I replied to your email regarding your membership, but just in case you didn’t see that, pixels2Pages memberships are now sold in the Forever Store. So for this year only, yearly memberships will not automatically renew. You will need to purchase a new membership via the Forever Store. You can read about the changes and find instructions in this news post:

3. lindaw says:

I have a Recurring monthly Payment to Pixels2Pages memberships. As I’m understanding, I will not have to do anything to my paypal account. Right? Well, here’s the problem, it’s not letting me on the blueprint page. It says I need a membership. Which I have. What’s wrong

4. Jenny Nunn says:

Hi,
    My membership is due for renewal on January 13th 2014. I currently have a “full” membership. How come I can’t get into the challenges, blueprints and pixie dust? It says my membership has been cancelled. I have cancelled my Paypal account, but I still should have another 11 days to access your site???

• Jan says:

Jenny, you should be all set now – sorry for the inconvenience. When you cancel your membership via PayPal, PayPal communicates with our membership service and automatically blocks your access to the website. All you have to do is let us know and we can override that. You’ll have access to the site through 12 January 2014. Enjoy!

5. Gail Hardy says:

I tried to cancel my P2P membership, but my Paypal account says I do not have any pre-approved payments. HOW DO I CANCEL???

• Jan says:

Gail, I have cancelled your membership. You must cancel three days before your payment is due; it looks like you mush have tried to cancel today after your monthly payment had already been processed. You won’t be charged again. We hope you’ll join us again someday!

6. Pat says:

I’m thinking of buying a new lap top next year, I have CM now, If I upgrade to Artisian now will it transfer to my new laptop? (or do I need to do the EHD, to do it?) Can you buy a p2p membership and cancel it if you don’t use it for the summer months then restart it in the fall? I had a trial membership from a digital retreat and I loved all the knowledge that was shared but when summer comes I’m enjoying the outside-(have to it’s Michigan) and I know I wouldn’t use it.

• Shelley says:

Yes Pat. I’d suggest you upgrade to Artisan now, while you still have SBC, so you can use the automate migration utility to transfer all your content and projects seamlessly. Then when you get your new laptop, you’ll need to install Artisan on it, and copy your files across but they will be all set up for Artisan.

You can certainly join p2P and cancel at any time. However during the months when you are not a member you won’t have access to any Blueprints or Pixie Dust released during that time. If you wish to do that you would need to purchase a monthly renewable membership, and cancel it when you’re not using it. Here are the instructions for cancelling. Another option would be to buy a gift membership which goes for 2 months and is not renewing. Or just get an annual membership, get all the Blueprints and Pixie dust, and make sure you get your money’s worth during the winter months 🙂

7. Patricia says:

If you purchase a Pixel2Pages membership now will the B2B membership continue to be part of your membership next year?

8. Monica says:

What is missing in the back to basics that is not in the Pixels2pages membership. I just purchased the pixels membership for $14, but I saw the $20 for 4 months for back to basics.

• Jan says:

Monica, we’ve left B2B as part of the Pixels2Pages membership through the end of the year. Beginning 1 January 2014, Back2Basics will be available as a separate purchase only.

9. Leslie says:

I have been gone so I am catching up! Can you give me the link to the information regarding conversion from 12×12 to 8.5×11?
    Also, change is inevitable and I will look forward to what is coming. You all are wonderful and I really value the info, etc that we get from you. These opportunities to comment also show us how wonderful human you are!
    Regarding becoming an Affiliate for Panstoria, I tried to become one from your link but they require a website. I don’t have one other than “my” now defunct CM website. Do you have a link to any guidance regarding this and the affiliation process?
    As I have indicated before, you are all fantastic. Thank you!

• Shelley says:

Welcome back Leslie! Thanks for your nice comments!
      The video about converting Blueprints is in the Blueprint Brilliance Portfolio – segment 5. But you might be pleasantly surprised when you see the new Blueprint downloads.
      You do need to have a website to become an affiliate. We recommend one of the free blog sites such as WordPress or Blogspot. However if you don’t want to have your own site, you can always send people to our links.

10. candy says:

If I was to purchase the annual membership, what is included in that? I read all the comments and tried to look around on your website, but was unable to locate anything.

11. Karen Warner says:

Karen W. says:
    When you change over to Artisan what file format will the Blueprints be in?

12. Kelly M says:

Thank you Pixies for your amazing website! One of my favourite things about my membership is the blueprints. I am a little disappointed there will be less of them, and that no “classic” blueprints will be released. I would like to make a suggestion, if possible, could you make the “classic” blueprints available to purchase? Or even ones that have been retired as people have missed them. I do have a few and wish I had found you sooner. I am going to have to learn how to cope between the months now for postings. It will be like Christmas morning on the last Saturday of the month, instead of keeping it even keel over the month with Mondays, Fridays and Saturdays being my favourite days. Keep up the great work!

13. Linda Johnson says:

Quick Question, where can I find the updated August calendar? Has it been posted yet? I depend on the calendar to keep up with all the stuff going on on p2P. Thanks for all that you do to help us learn all we can about SBC & MM.

14. Cathy says:

I will miss Day2Day. This is my first year of creating a D2D album and I am sure it will be my favorite. I have loved all the calendar accents and titles you create for us. I hope you will throw us D2D people a bone or two once in a while…

• Jan says:

Day2Day is not disappearing, Cathy! It’s being incorporated into the Pixels2Pages membership. You’ll still be getting 7-opening Blueprints and D2D Pixie Dust – just not as much as you have been getting.

• Cathy says:

thanks jan. I love being current on my chronological albums and D2D helps me do just that. I am printing page prints and also adding some extra traditional pages along the way (can’t totally make the adjustment to totally digital)! So I can still look for the 7 photo pages on the first Friday of the month!?

• Jan says:

Cathy, that is awesome that you are staying current! I think you may want to re-read this post. All Blueprints will be posted on the last Saturday of the month (for the following month): “Nine 12×12″ Blueprints (any combination of single page, DPS, or WOW BPs plus either one DPS or two single page 7-opening BPs suitable for Day2Day projects, TBD by p2P), delivered in one download on the last Saturday of the month (for the following month)”

15. Deana Warner says:

I am so glad you will still be around and I don’t mind the changes. I do like things the way there are but will adjust to whatever you offer. I love this site and will continue to use forever. It really is too bad that P2P couldn’t take on printing for future CM projects so we can still continue to use SBC and have good quality printing. Anyway, thanks for all you ladies do and look forward to continuing on with P2P.

16. SuzySchool says:

All I know is that I love this site and how you all help us to learn how to use our software. I love all your ideas and tips and videos! Thank you!

17. debbieloop debbieloop says:

I am hoping for the calendar to keep coming. I would be SO lost with out it! Keep up the good work and remember change is good…even for scrapbooking…(I hope anyway)

18. Vicky says:

What a WOW blueprints? Keep up the good work ladies! Change keeps us all young and something to look forward to!

19. Kathy Tuzzolino says:

I have totally enjoyed and benefited from pixels2Pages for over 3 years now and plan to continue on with my membership, even as it is changing, again. Thank you for all you’ve taught me! I do have a question or 2 though… with the new membership plan will we have access to the “classic” blueprints from the pre-subscription days that are now offered monthly with the Back2Basics (and p2P) membership(s)? And, what are “WOW” blueprints? (I guess I haven’t learned as much as I thought – LOL)

• Janice says:

Kathy – So glad you have been enjoying, and will be continuing with your membership. Currently “WOW” Blueprints are offered on two Saturdays each month. One is a double page spread, and the other has a “WOW” factor of extra design and detail within the Blueprint.

20. kmayster says:

First off, I am very relieved that the Pixies will still be here for us all. I am so glad I decided to join when I did. Having been involved in a major systems project myself, I understand the behind the door frustrations in the system development aspect of what you have been through and I’m sure you still have to deal with on a regular basis while trying to keep us all informed and happy. And the ongoing nature of how to provide a wonderful service such as this in a cost effective way while keeping in mind what your customers want and need for their money. It must be horrendous for you all at times. On top of that having to do the actual work of providing the services you provide with the videos, pixie dust, blueprints. I don’t know how you all stay sane and manage your day to day personal lives and still enjoy what you do here at P2P. I admire you all.
    Having said that, it is disappointing that prices have to go up and especially for seemingly less of a service. I am truly disappointed that the 8.5 x 11 blueprints will be discontinued. It seems many of us value them and although it sounds as if many are comfortable with the conversion process, I do agree with those that lament the extra time it will put into their scrapbooking process. The blueprints after all have been a wonderful time-saving and artistic addition to our projects. I do not envy your task of trying to simplify but I do feel it is needed. As for myself, Ready2Roll is my favorite part of the whole deal. I really hope you are not really considering charging for the video tidbits in the future. That on top of the annual membership fees will really force me to have to consider if I can continue. But I will definitely want to stay as long as I am able.

Thanks for being here through the CM changes. It is heartbreaking for us all and very scary after all the investment we have put in to the products. I know you say we can still use the software, but if we have no support it is only a matter of time before it becomes obsolete. And not being able to move it to another computer is a major problem.

Keep us posted!

• Jan says:

Thanks for your kind words and acknowledgements, kmayster. It has been a learning experience for all of us at p2P! I’m a little confused about your statement about rising prices though – the reason we have removed some things from the memberships was so that we could keep prices the same. No one who has a current Pixels2Pages membership at the end of this year will experience a price increase – only people purchasing new memberships after 1 January 2014 will be affected by the slightly higher prices.

We are looking at ways that we can offer some of the things we have removed, but have not come to any firm decisions yet. They will not be included as part of the Pixels2Pages memberships, however. Video Tidbits and Start2Finish videos are included as part of the Pixels2Pages membership.

We will keep you up to date about developments regarding the software as related to Creative Memories as we have information to share.

• laurie7piper says:

I hope you will consider offering 11 x 8.5 blueprints as an “add-on” for an additional fee. Since you won’t be offering them as part of the basic membership any more, I would gladly pay extra to have the Pixies do the conversion from 12 x 12 for me. Although I answered the survey saying that I use both sizes, about 95% of my storybooks are 11 x 8.5. I really only use the 12 x 12 size blueprint for page prints. Thus, as proposed, the p2P membership is not as valuable to me without the 11 x 8.5 blueprints. Thanks for considering this idea.

• kmayster says:

Thanks, Jan. I’m so glad to hear Video Tidbits and Start2Finish videos will still be included. Those and the Pixie Dust (and the blueprints) are my FAVORITES. Heck I love it all. Guess I’ll just be missing the 8 1/2 x 11 blueprints for the most part. So I hope I can easily learn the conversion process. I’m so spoiled by the BP’s.

21. Lindaplaywpics says:

Well, I gave your news the once over and quite frankly all I heard was Blah, Blah, Blah, because you know why? I totally LOVE this website and the wonderful ladies that reside here and I will follow you wherever you may lead! You have my Admiration and Respect for all that you have accomplished. As I indicated in the survey, I more than get what I paid for and I can’t say that about too many things (except maybe my refridgerator who turns 20 this year and still stays awesomely cold!) Your website turned me from a Scrapbooker into an Artist and that’s the truth. I will be buying the new membership as soon as it’s available and can’t wait to find out what new things are around the corner. Of course I’m afraid of change, but it never stops me…one, two, three….JUMP!…….Laughing…. XOXOXO

22. Eugenia Smith says:

I’m just happy to be here and enjoy the fruit of your experience. Thanks.