You have spoken and we are listening! Hundreds of you filled out our recent p2P Membership survey – you gave us lots to think about, and we thank you! As we enter into our second year as sort of an ‘independent’ entity, we knew we needed to make some changes in our memberships, and you’ve helped us identify some of those. We’ve had almost 12 months to deliver the ‘goods’ from the memberships we set up last summer, and with all of the changes happening at Creative Memories, now is the perfect time to make revisions in our plan.
One of our main goals is to streamline our customer experience – including everything from finding a more efficient way for you to download Blueprints and Pixie Dust to making it easier to navigate the website to having a schedule that’s easy to follow, understand, and remember. We also heard your pleas to keep the price affordable, and we understand that times are tight. We’re working on our plans for the future, and while we can’t share all of the details yet, we can tell you a few things that we have worked out.
Your survey responses reinforced a lot of what we already knew or suspected. Almost all of you are Pixels2Pages members, and many of you don’t make a distinction between Snap2Share or Day2Day or Ready2Roll, so we’ve decided to roll all of those memberships together and offer that single Pixels2Pages membership (as well as Back2Basics as a stand-alone membership). As you may know, we stopped selling everything except Pixels2Pages monthly memberships and Back2Basics memberships earlier this month. For now, those will be the only memberships available to purchase, and starting 1 October, we’ll begin selling P2P annual memberships again. We will no longer be selling Snap2Share (Memory Manager), Day2Day (Project 365), or Ready2Roll (StoryBook Creator) memberships. If you currently subscribe to one of those, we will be contacting you regarding your options going forward.
In thinking about ways we could keep our prices reasonable, we realized that if we reduce the number of current offerings, while still having something for you every day (Monday – Saturday), we could afford to maintain our current fee structure and have plenty to keep you busy. Starting this week, we will be cutting back a little in some areas that are overflowing now. We hope that you will barely notice the changes, and we think that you will still derive plenty of value from your P2P membership. We now have over three years’ worth of training on the website already, and it’s not going anywhere! We are making room in our schedules to have time to work on some exciting new developments – watch this space for more details as we can share them!
Here is a summary of the main things that will be changing. We will be phasing in these changes between now and 1 October 2013. An updated August calendar will be posted this week.
- One Snap2Share tip each month
- One Snap2Share video each quarter
- One photography tip every other month
- One journaling tip every other month
- Two SBC tips per month
- Nine 12 x 12″ Blueprints (any combination of single page, DPS, or WOW BPs plus either one DPS or two single page 7-opening BPs suitable for Day2Day projects, TBD by p2P), delivered in one download on the last Saturday of the month (for the following month) NOTE: We will be including 8.5 x 11″ Blueprints as well, in response to your feedback.
- One video per week, including one Start2Finish video and three Video Tidbits each month
- Four Pixie Dust collections per month, delivered in a single post on the last Saturday of the month (for the following month)
- Beginning 1 October 2013, Back2Basics lessons will not be included in a Pixels2Pages membership. No new Classic Blueprints will be added to Back2Basics – it will become a static course. NOTE: This change will be effective on 1 January 2014 in response to your feedback.
- Beginning 1 October, 2013, Challenges will be presented as 8.5 x 11″ (A4) PDFs (instead of 12 x 12 pages) on an experimental basis.
- Beginning this month, Workshops will not be included in P2P memberships; later this year, new workshops will be available separately. Previously recorded workshops will still be available for P2P members.
- Blog posts will be happening on Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.
- There will be one post each day, Monday – Saturday, making it easy for you to keep up. Blueprints and Pixie Dust for the following month will be posted on the last Saturday of the current month, starting in September (for October).
- Here’s the new lineup: Monday – Challenges; Tuesday – Tips; Wednesday – Blog posts; Thursday – Videos; Friday – Blog posts; Saturday – Blog posts (and Blueprints & Pixie Dust downloads). We will highlight and post weekly sample pages (on Facebook) for Blueprints on Wednesdays and for Pixie Dust on Fridays.
- Blueprints and Pixie Dust will be archived so that you will have access to Blueprints and Pixie Dust posted since you became a member (only back to September 2012).
While we are still working out a few final details with regard to memberships in general, this schedule will be posted in an updated calendar. Prices will remain the same ($14 monthly, $150 yearly) for all Pixels2Pages memberships purchased and/or renewed through 31 December 2013. NOTE: (Revised 18 Sept 2013) After some changes made since this article was first written, like adding 11 x 8.5 Blueprints back into the mix, and deciding to keep Back2Basics as part of the P2P membership through the end of December 2013, we have made a couple of changes regarding the price increase as well. Beginning 1 January 2014, prices will increase to $15 per month and $160 per year for Pixels2Pages memberships purchased and/or renewed (and for subsequent renewals of those memberships). This means that everyone will be affected by the price increase beginning the first time your membership renews after 1 January 2014. We have lessened the price increase to annual members (it was to be $165 per year; it will now be $160 per year – up from $150).
Be on the lookout for some changes in the appearance of the website which will make it much simpler for you to navigate the website – these will roll out early in September 2013.
We appreciate your patience as we work through the next six weeks. We did not want to have to close down the website this year, so implementing these changes gradually will allow us to keep it up and running. We are excited about the changes ahead, and we look forward to another fun year at pixels2Pages!