p2p blog header_Justine

Where does one begin when trying to recap some of the most memorable years of your life?  I’m guessing that would be at the beginning …

My “beginning” was on 21st July 1999 – I remember this so well as it was our 2nd daughter Annabelle’s first birthday.  I was invited to a beautiful friend’s house to have a lady show us how to “organize” our photos – I’m sure there was more to this class than I heard but that was all I needed to get me there!  I had photos everywhere.

What I saw that day, changed my life … literally!  I wanted to share this concept and wanted to teach my own classes.  I also wanted to be at home with my children and had no intention of going back to a 9-5 job.  I had already planned out a list in my head of ten or more albums that I wanted to create so the concept of getting my products at cost really appealed to me!  I really had no idea what I was going to do at this class but took along 8 photos of Annabelle – it was her birthday after all – and I created a hideous page of eight OVALS!!!  I loved that page!

I started sharing my page and the others that I was creating and even held my first class at my house.  I was enjoying the new friendships, based around peoples’ photos and their lives, that I was making with my customers and absolutely loving bigger workshops that I attended with other consultants and their customers.  I loved the Creative Memories Mission of “Preserving the Past, Enriching the Present and Inspiring Hope for the Future” and was seeing this fulfilled in my workshops and in our family.

In nine months I qualified as a Unit Leader and then we up and moved out of Sydney, six hours away down the coast!  I started rebuilding my business.  It was always about the relationships and helping people organize their photos.  I have met some of the most amazing people, who have encouraged me, inspired me and best of all, become great friends.

I kept travelling to Sydney for training meetings, I didn’t want to miss them!  I attended every Showcase except one and had the privilege of joining 17 other leaders for a Leaders Luncheon with Cheryl Lightle and even met Rhonda Anderson at one Showcase – while these were memorable events it was the life-long friends I have met and got to work alongside (and still keep in touch with) that made my journey so fabulous.

Then I met Jan at my second last Showcase in Sydney.  Soon after we were sharing photos and “blueprints” and then she was asking me to join what was to become pixels2Pages!  Who would have thought that starting my Creative Memories journey would have me here with yet another amazing group of friends … wonderful friends that will remain wonderful friends regardless of anything life throws at us 🙂

12 Responses to Blog: Memories …

1. Janice says:

My photos, my layouts, my perspective on life, food & living, are so much better with you in it Juzzi! Couldn’t imagine not having you as a friend!

2. karen heath says:

Love hearing stories of how people got started.. I think everyone’s first page back in the day was OVALS and maybe a few triangles.. lol. I look at my pages an how they have evolved over the years and now I cant imagine my life without digital and without pixies.. Thank you CM for what you created all those years ago and thank you pixies for taking it to the next level

3. Glenna says:

Even though I have never met any of you Pixies in person, I feel a real friendship with all of you by reading your blogs, learning from your various areas on the website, and look forward to continue having you in my life through my subscriptions with Pixels 2 Pages. You all have done such a wonderful job, I don’t know where I would be with my digital nor where my customers would be. Thank you all so much.

4. Jan says:

I’m loving hearing everyone’s stories! Juzzi, I’m so glad we met in Sydney and that you are still on the journey with me! Miles to go!

5. debbie says:

Good reminder to me that certain events that may initially seem realitvely insignificant as attending a class to organize photos could actually be the start of a significant life path. You have inspired so many wi your creativity, as all the Pixies have! Thank you

6. Great post, Justine. No matter what our CM journey has been, one thing that is universal is the friendships we would never had made if we had not been introduced to CM. That’s one reason we wish CM success in whatever their next enterprise may be.

7. Linda DeLaughter says:

Pixels2Pages has brought so many wonderful people like you into my life. I thoroughly enjoy checking my P2P website every morning so that I will get my “daily motivation” from my Pixies! Thank you for sharing your story, Juzzie, and thank you for sharing your talents with us!

8. Mary Helen Clarke says:

I too love the digital books and all the friends I’ve made and all the people who have loved my creations. I’m so sad that we will not be continuing as we know it today. I love my Pixels2Pages and all that I have learnt. What will happen to all that? Any info would be helpful. Thank you

9. Donna says:

wonderful blog! so glad your journey led to the Pixies! I love this software and have learned so much from all of you. thank you!