The pixels2Pages website is a treasure trove of information! We add new posts almost every day, sometimes more than one a day, so after more than six years of doing this, that’s a LOT of content. That means that randomly browsing the site can be a slow way of finding the information you need! We are always working through ways to simplify the navigation, but with almost 4000 posts (and counting…), you need a way to find what you are looking for. So here are my top ten tips for finding things on p2P:
1. The Search Bar
- Right at the top of every page on the site there’s a menu bar. It’s bright orange in colour (we like to call it mango).
- At the right hand end of the bar is a little box with a magnifying glass and the word search inside it. Just type in there whatever you are looking for.
- Try to use single words, or short phrases. Put quotation marks around phrases.
- Use words that are very specific – the search function will just look for those exact words. Terms like video or blueprint will result in too many hits to be helpful.
- If you are using Internet Explorer, you may not be able to see the menu bar. Click HERE for some suggested solutions, or use a different browser (e.g. Chrome, Firefox).
2. The drop-down menu
- Under the pixels2Pages logo on every page you’ll see the teal-colored drop-down menu bar.
- Every title in the menu is clickable – as you hover the mouse over a link, the color changes to a darker blue – that’s how you know where the links are.
- Some menus have sub-menus – as you hover, they will automatically pop out so you can easily see where they are.
- The actual labels in the menu may change from time to time, but if you want to see specific items, this is where to go.
3. The icon buttons
Just above the drop-down menu bar, you’ll see a row of little icons. Did you realise they are links too? Each icon links to an area on the site which is free, i.e. not restricted to members.
- Home – takes you to the Home page (you probably figured that one out!)
- News: Keeping you up to date with what is happening in the world of pixels2Pages and Forever.
- Events: News about upcoming p2P LIVE events, Forever Retreat Weekends, and other happenings, with links to specific information about those events.
- Contact: How to contact us at pixels2Pages, and where to go first to find fast answers. We endeavour to respond within 24 hours to emails. If you have specific questions check the Help & FAQ first, because you will probably get the answer quicker that way.
- Blog: All the personal blog posts from the p2P Team, otherwise known as “Behind the Globe”.
- Resources: A page of free handouts, tips, and videos with lots of useful information.
- Help: Your go-to place for answers about using pixels2Pages.net.
- Login: For members – log in here (if you are not already logged in) to access member-only content.
4. The Recent Posts Page
- In the top menu bar you’ll find “Recent Posts”.
- You can always get there from any page by clicking on the “Recent Posts” link in the top menu bar.
- Every post on the website will be visible there, with the most recent posts at the top.
- As you scroll down the page, more posts will load. You may have to wait a few seconds as they load.
- Click on the image or the post’s title to go direct to the post.
- This is a great place to start if you are new to pixels2Pages – see what just got added and work backwards, or just scroll to see if there is something that piques your interest.
5. The Recent Posts List
- In the sidebar on almost every page you will find a list of the 20 most recent posts, with the newest one at the top.
- These are links – clicking on the title will take you straight to that post.
6. The Home Page
- The Home Page is our landing page for non-members. To be honest, it’s a work in progress at the moment. Expect to see significant changes there over the coming months.
- Enjoy a small slideshow of some of the favorite pages created by the pixels2Pages team.
- Find links to join p2P, or try us for free for 2 weeks.
- Scroll down to view our quarterly e-zine, Pages, and to subscribe to our mailing list.
7. The “Tag Cloud”
- In the sidebar you will also see this list of words and phrases. This is called a Tag Cloud.
- The Tag Cloud is a collection of links. Every training post on our website is assigned “tags” which list the topics contained within that post. Clicking on any of the links in the Tag Cloud takes you to a list of posts which have that tag.
- The size of the words in the tag cloud is a reflection of the number of posts with that tag – the bigger the words, the more posts.
- The tag cloud is the best place to look for specific topics.
8. Click on a tag
- Below most posts you’ll see a list of tags attached to that post.
- These tags are links. Click on any tag to see other posts with the same tag.
- These tags are a great way to find other training on the same or similar topics.
10. Search by Author
- Sometimes you can remember who created a post but not what it was called.
- Wherever you see a person’s name under the post heading, you can click the name to see a list of that author’s posts.
- But beware – some of us sound very alike! 🙂
11. The Tab Section
In the sidebar to the right of almost every page on the website you’ll find what is called the Tab Section. It currently contains some 21 links under 4 headings. Click on the red labels to see each section. The contents of the Tabs change from time to time as we add new links, and business partners.
The sections are (subject to change):
Forever – links to Forever to buy software, digital content, the Forever Print Shop, and a link to the p2P Affiliate program.
About p2P – the place to find info about the pixels2Pages website itself.
Social Media – links to our social media sites.