BlogHeaderKIMDec2012

I have written before about my husband and myself volunteering at the Gilroy Compassion Center.  It continues to be a place I love to serve.  I always walk away from my time there feeling uplifted.  Sometimes the giving is in reverse, the client ministers to me without even knowing it.

Recently, while volunteering at the GCC,  I heard beautiful music coming from the warehouse.  I made my way to the back of the facilities and I discovered a client playing this old and dusty piano.   The piano isn’t in a place of prominence.  It is as if it was set aside waiting to see if anyone notices it anymore.   The client was singing about a lost love from the 70’s. Turns out he is a self-taught piano player.  What a gift he has.  I wish I had video taped the music so you could hear the stunning sounding reverberating in the warehouse.

I was just struck with the thought of how we can judge people by the way they look or the circumstances they find themselves in and decide they might not have anything to give. It is a reminder to me to not look past someone.  I just feel so blessed to have heard his music that morning.

Blog_LostLove_Sep2013_SamplePage

Challenge 171:  Make It Black

Kits:  Blush Blooms Digital Kit, Simply Beautiful Digital Overlays, Seasonal Wedding Digital Overlays, Daily Inspiration Digital Kit

Fonts:  Microsoft Sans Serif

11 Responses to Blog: Lost Love

1. JaneenK says:

Wwhat a beautiful lesson to be reminded of. Everyone has a story, yes?

2. Marjorie Webb says:

What a beautiful story, Kim. Thanks so much for sharing your inspirational story reminding us to look not only for the little things in life, but all things that are beautiful even though may not seem so at first glance. This is such a good reminder that we are all connected, and I’m sure that most can certainly relate to this story of loss. This shows us, though, that good can come from sorrow in the way he turned it around by giving such a beautiful gift of his music to others. I love the page idea, too.

3. Katrina says:

Well done Kim, thanks for touching our hearts through your story.

4. Tameka says:

Wonderful story of love Kim. You are one of the most caring people I know and it shows in everything you do. You set a great example for everyone. By the way…the page you did here is absolutely stunning. It drew my eye straight to you blog to read more.

5. shirley shingara says:

Beautiful story, lovely page. Important lesson…

6. Kerrianne says:

Beautiful story and page Kim.

7. gayneal says:

A short blog with a powerful message! Thank you.

8. Jan says:

Beautiful story and photo, Kim, and you’ve hit on a universal truth. We almost always get more than we give when we give with love and compassion and expect nothing in return. xx

9. inekeloux says:

What a wonderful story Kim. Love the way you captured the mood without showing his face. It’s almost like you can hear him playing by just looking at the page. Again – wonderful.

10. Glenna says:

What a wonderful story? Did you wonder if he was someone famous at some point that lost his way? I’m seeing this in a group I’m working with. We are always looking for outside sources to come speak with us, and we are missing that our members have so many talents that we are not drawing on them. I brought this up and we are now looking into drawing from those resources. Nice page also, Kim.

11. Carolyn says:

But you didn’t look past him. None of your friends are surprised that you were the one who stopped and honored him with an audience. Thank you for sharing this story. And what a perfect photo for this challenge.