JG_BlogHeaderIt’s been over a year since Mary and Jan came to Australia in March 2012. What a wonderful visit that was when they arrived in Victoria with Shelley, and met up with Kerrianne and I for a week in Victoria. We got to see the sights around Geelong, travel The Great Ocean Road, then on to Melbourne to play tourists in the city and visit the wonderful Bayside sights. Just a few days of hilarity, friendship, special moments, togetherness and of course sharing photos and the odd discussion or two (or more) about pixels2Pages! The photo book I have been working on has been spread over many months in the making. So many pages using Blueprints, many of the pages that I designed ended up being Blueprints, and of course many p2P techniques from Videos, Tips and Challenges are also contained within this book. I have shared these pages on our fan page, and enjoyed the wonderful comments and feedback that so many of you have left on my pages. This book has been a work in progress – a page here, a page there – I can’t believe the months have passed by so quickly! For some reason, I found the first page (or Title page) of this book to be the hardest to do. How to start the very first page of such a wonderful book of memories. I had my ending page – but what to put on that all important first page? So, today, I just decided to keep it simple. A couple of photos, a list of dates, and the details of where we travelled. That was all that was needed. I’m finding that when I start to struggle with a page, keeping it simple always seems to work for me.

So, here it is – the first page of the book, and the last page to get done. All I need to do now is a final proof – and upload it for printing. Then when it arrives, I’ll sit with a cuppa, and enjoy all those laughs, smiles, sights and times together again!

Content Used: Traveller Digital Kit, True Spirit Digital Kit, Fonts: Scriptina, KG Part Of Me

JG_Blog_19Oct2013JG_BlogSignature

24 Responses to Blog: Nearly finished!

1. Cindy Rold says:

When I scrapbooked traditionally, I would almost always leave the first page until last and struggled with what to put there. With digital scrapbooking, I just start the book with the first page and use the cover as the substitute for the first page in the traditional scrapbook. So now I leave the cover until the end.

• Janice says:

I have done this as well with projects Cindy – it’s great to be able to design our own covers for our Storybooks. Sometimes though, my pages start with a double page spread – so I need something else for the first/title page.

2. LoriMorris LoriMorris says:

I love that page, Janice . Such a great idea. I have been struggling with that same thing for my vacation from July. That just helped give me some ideas for my book.

• Janice says:

So glad it has helped you Lori! I can do all the middle pages, but sometimes find it hard to come up with something a bit different each time for that first page. Hope I get to see yours if you can share it on our Facebook Group.

3. Kim says:

What special memories you have captured! Did any of the other p2P ladies just order a copy of yours? Love the picture with everyone peeking out. Looks like there was some misbehaving going on.

4. jsquare says:

I see a P2P Live in Australia, with Jan as our escort to the Down Under. Great blog Janice and love the page. Can’t wait to see the whole book. Is that possible?

• Janice says:

Sounds like a fabulous idea!!! The pages for the entire book are all on our p2P Facebook Page. They aren’t all together though, as it was a work in progress using Blueprints, Pixie Dust & Challenges that we have put up on the website.

5. Sandy says:

I love this page and will have to remember it for a book I’m working on. I really glad to see I am not the only one who still uses that compass point even though the “E” and “W’ are on the wrong sides. I have found myself cutting them apart and correcting them if the embellishment is a highlight on the page.

• Janice says:

You know Sandy – I have used that compass so many times, and I’ve not noticed it – not once!!!! Glad you commented before I printed, I’ve fixed it up! Thank you. 🙂

6. So if Jan goes back I’ll have to stow myself away in her luggage! I’d love to visit you all in AUS! I just received my p2P Photo Safari Mackinac book back this week and have spent several hours pouring over each page – several times! FABULOUS memories with a wonderful p2P family! I can only imagine your book Janice being the same!

7. Tina Bruderer says:

nice idea for a first page

8. Alison Woof says:

Ooops, pressed share too soon. Also need to close the brackets. 🙂

9. Alison Woof says:

Janice, love your style! Your couple of embellies are just right. When you do the proof read, you’ll correct the spelling of Shelley in the first line won’t you? 🙂

10. Carolyn says:

Love it, Janice. What a wonderful keepsake it will be. That cute picture of everyone near the boxes always makes me smile. 🙂

11. inekeloux says:

Janice – what wonderful words for us all to remember – when in doubt, keep it simple. The idea of using the first page as a recap of the entire trip/event/year etc. in words or photos is one I will remember to use. Know you will thoroughly enjoy reliving that visit again and again and again!

• Janice says:

I definitely will enjoy reliving this fabulous time! Doing this front page has given me an idea for another front page for a book I’m working on. I love how that happens while I’m working on something else.

12. Jan says:

Oh, Janice – I love it! I can’t wait to see the whole thing. I guess that means I’ll have to come back…..