JF_Blog Header

I love a good “then and now” photo scenario!

I’m beginning to think that it is because the years seem to be flying by me that I remember events from last year or many years ago just like I have a “photographic” memory.  Or maybe it is because I do have a photographic memory!  A weird scrapbookers kind of photographic memory 😉

With all the images I’ve taken, comes such a visual reminder of events that have happened or people in my life that I have photographed.  I am sure you feel exactly the same.  In recording events and the people around us, we literally do lock in memories that stick.

I can pretty well tell you what month certain things happened in our lives, simply because that is how I organise the photos in my photo library!  Think of an event and I can probably tell you what album, and therefore the year and month and possibly what is on the front cover of that album too!

(You would have to know a fair bit about our lives in order to ask that question – but you get the idea!!!)

I am sure you are able to do the same thing, or something similar.  Photos are so cool like that 🙂

So my latest “then and now” is all about Annabelle.  Two and a half years ago, she had her four 12 year old molars extracted (I got photos of those and I knew it was April 2011)  Two years ago, she had braces put on and at the time, it was anticipated that they would be on her teeth for three years.  Just this week (five days short of two years later) the braces came off and we now have a fabulous series of before and after photos … a classic then and now!

Content used:  p2P Blueprint “JG March Tabs”, CM Fluffy and Fido Digital Kit, Fonts: Life Savers, CK Cursive and KG Part of Me

p2P_Blog_Smile_JF

9 Responses to Blog: Reason to Smile

1. Jenny says:

Great that she can now smile with ease. I was 38 when I got my braces and had them off just in time for my 40th birthday!

2. Deanna Emmert says:

Oh, I’m so glad somebody else’s mind works in a similar fashion as mine in this area. And, oh, the “days of braces” before and after! Thank you, Justine!

3. annette says:

My 16 year old wears Invisalign braces. He had 8 (EIGHT!) baby teeth pulled about three years ago. The coolest thing with non-metal braces is that we can see the progress as it’s happening. He changes the “trays” every two weeks. The computer designs each one. Amazing technology – and it’s working!! (And, yes, I have photos/pages to prove it!)

4. gayneal says:

What a great story! My first thought was, “If her kids children need braces they will love this page.” My grandchildren have started asking questions about when their dad was a child. They love when I pull out a scrapbook or photo album while I share details.

5. judychronicles judychronicles says:

I love how other people’s photos can take you back to a similar time in their own life. My daughter had her wisdom teeth out a couple of years ago and I remember being denied the opportunity to have or at least photograph the the teeth. The surgeon kept going on about hygiene and how odd I was for wanting to take a photo. This was coming from a man who had designed his home, so that he had similar designed bedrooms on opposite sides of his house….and could take advantage of the sun during winter and summer and sleep in either bedroom. Did I judge him? No…but it did make me smile. And your daughter does have a beautiful, confident smile. Cheers Judy

6. Jan says:

Beautiful Bella does have a beautiful smile! And it looks fantastic, metal-free! I remember the day I got my braces off, as well as the days that my kids got theirs off. WOO HOO!!

7. Sandy says:

Love the story. I am amazed that they were able to extract each of her teeth in one piece. When My daughter had a couple pulled they broke them into little pieces. I am sure Annabelle is thrilled to have the braces off. Just remind her that her retainers will be her friend for a while.

8. Linda DeLaughter says:

What a remarkable transformation! Bella is a beautiful butterfly that has just emerged from her “cocoon”! Congratulations to her as she begins her journey into womanhood!