KH Blog Header

A friend of mine challenged me to fill  a 16 grid photo collage with a whole day of things I had done. First I thought it was a bit of an ask, although I am quite certain there have been days I have taken way more than 16 photos.

So I did it. Quite felt like I had my phone in my hand all day though!! And actually I ended up with more than just 16 photos for the day!

In case you have never thought of doing this, I am challenging you to give it a try. It was fun, and easy (using just my phone) and it is a long time reminder of that one day!!

blog 16

15 Responses to Blog: A day to remember!

1. JaneenK says:

Great idea, I used to do 12 photos on the 12th of each month in 2012. IT IS fun.

2. Glenna says:

I like this idea and what better way to get someone in the habit of doing a Day2Day album. If they can 16 photos in one day, they can get in the habit of doing a photo a day. I have a SB group that we meet at least once a month and I teach them things that I have learned using first SB Creator and now Artisan and P2P. Some of them are former CM Consultants. I like to give them assignments and something to work on until we meet again, this would be a great one. Thanks for sharing.

3. Liz Propst says:

Thanks Kerrianne….I am just not good about snapping photos. OK….just got it out and I’m gonna do it for just today and see where I go. Thanks for the inspiration. Page to be posted tonight!!

4. carolyn18 says:

Kerrianne, I could not get this blog out of my head. I love this idea. I also love Day 2 Day. When I tried D2D, I started in Jan 2012 and went through May 2012, got to busy and stopped. I decided I’ll pick it back up in June 2013. I tried but only got through 8 days this year, so I figure next year I will do it but start in June because I want the book to span 1 whole year that way the seasons or seasonal things will show. However, I think I am going to have more time than usual this January. I was trying to think of away to do D2D, then your blog came out! I am going to modify your idea. I am going to try to take 5 or more pictures each day in January, then make one book with each page representing a day with a few DPS. It’s a modified D2D. I can’t wait to begin. Thanks!!

5. Penny Peterson says:

I am so going to try this! I loved following you through your day. And I liked the way you cropped in tight on most of the photos – so visually interesting.

6. Janice says:

I think I need to do this!! Some days I take this many just trying to find the “right” photo for my day! This will be great to do!

7. Sandy says:

Think I might have a go at this one. Looks like fun.

8. Ok – I’m new – is there a predesigned 16 photo grid/text wrapping – or do I create that myself?

• Kerrianne says:

Caroline,
      I made the page myself with 16 3×3 photo squares. Lined them all up to create the grid. Once I had filled the photos, I grouped them and reduced the size of the entire square. The text is just 4 single line text boxes – rotated as needed around the perimeter of the page.
      Would love to see you give this one a go – it is so much fun!

9. inekeloux says:

A wonderful idea and page. And to think some people think taking one photo a day is too much – not if you get into the habit of doing so. Though, it is easy to get behind in making a page a week (speaking from experience.)

• Kerrianne says:

You are so right about the habbit! I am a keen photo-a-day participant and happy to say that for 2013 I am at a full 100% of not missing a day 🙂 So doing this challenge just meant I took a few more for that particular day. Fun addition I think to a full year book of photo-a-day.

10. Alison Woof says:

What a great idea Kerrianne! And what an interesting page came out of your day.

• Kerrianne says:

I know! Wasn’t it!!
      You should have a go at it Alison, it really was fun. I also did it on a day where I was going to be a few different places, but you could do a day at home and it would still be interesting!