JG_BlogHeader

As most of you know, I absolutely love the Day2Day project. This is my fourth year committing to this wonderful project. It has no rules – it’s all about what I love at any given moment – what captures my eye – what I want to record at that specific moment in time. I love that we have weekly themes, and I love the way my brain now works to fit those themes into what I’m doing at any given moment of the day. It helps me record the little events, the small moments, those wonderful little spaces in time that might otherwise get missed in the big picture of life. Being involved with this project as part of my pixels2Pages roles makes me focus on it even more. Having a reminder on my phone asking me if I’ve taken a photo at around 5pm each day helps if I’ve been caught up with doing other “life stuff”. I started using the “Collect” App on my i-Phone last year. I love this app too as it has a calendar that I can import a photo into each day and write notes and add tags to it as well. It makes it so easy to do my weekly pages.

I have also loved seeing all the wonderful pages, photos, layouts and journaling of everyone who has participated in the project over the last few years. We have an amazing group of peeps who I like to think of  as the “Day2Day Gang”. They support and encourage each other, they welcome newbies and support those that have dropped off for a few days and picked themselves back up and come right back in to continue on their Day2Day journey. Anyone can start at any time – there is no rule to say that you have to start on the 1st of January each year! The girls are amazing at taking photos of their lives – a true inspiration, and a wonderful journey to watch as each month progresses. I get to see travels, special family moments, gorgeous pet photos, wonderful scenery, and insights into what makes everyone live their lives as it happens. I so enjoy seeing and reading the pages, and the comments and support that we all have for each other. It’s fabulous to see pages up on our Facebook Page each day. Congratulations to those who have finished their 2013 books and are ready to order … I’m almost there with you! Welcome to all the newbies that have started this year – and if you haven’t done so already – what are you waiting for? Start now! We’d love to see you jump right in with your camera at the ready to snap a photo, mouse in hand to put those photos on the page. If you want some inspiration – head over to our Day2Day Facebook Group where there is a wonderful resource of pages waiting for you to admire. Everyone will now be posting their pages on our pixels2Pages Facebook Group so everyone can see what we are all about.

For the last 3 years I have included a short monthly summary of events at the end of each month. A re-cap of my life and my family’s moments in time. I have put the summary in at the end of each month, where the month ended and I had just a few photos to finish off the month. I always started each month off with a new page and a new style. Here’s a sample for two of my month endings from my Day2Day 2013 project.

JG_Blog_18Jan2014_Sample1

JG_Blog_18Jan2014_Sample3

This year I have decided to change it up a bit. Instead of putting the monthly summary at the end of each month, I have been writing little notes. I’ve decided to add these in at the end of the book, instead of at the end of each month, and on a bit of a different theme. I am keeping a little notebook handy – yep paper & pen!!!! I splurged and bought a very cute red & white polka dot note book for a huge price of $1.00, and teamed with my favourite Typo gel pen and I’ve been keeping a list. It’s small enough to fit into my handbag so I can jot down things as they happen or when I think of them. Random thoughts that happen and can get forgotten. Special little sayings or happenings that can often fly by and be missed – but I’m realising are important to record and maybe even more important to look back on in years to come. Little insights into the way I live my life and how I feel about it.

There is going to be a page for each month at the end of my 2014 Day2Day photo book, with a list of things that I love for each month. So here’s my work in progress for January – the “Things I love about January 2014”. I haven’t quite finished this list yet as the month is not done, and I know I’ll add a few more things on the way.

JG_Blog_18Jan2014

Simple Pleasure Designs by Jennifer Fehr: Sweet Life

Fonts: Socially awkward, i love you monkey

Content used for October & November pages above:
October: Blueprint & Pixie Dust: Day2Day Daily Files Kit 2014 – available from the Panstoria Store, Cottage Arts Everday 8 Paper Pak, Fonts: MTF Frozen Solid, Jane Austen, Rough Draft, Candara
November: Blueprint & Pixie Dust: Day2Day Daily Files Kit 2014 – available from the Panstoria Store, Kaisercraft 75 Cents Kit, Fonts: Orial, Jane Austen, Rough Draft, Candara,

JG_BlogSignature

Tagged with →

24 Responses to Blog: What I Love

1. inekeloux says:

Okay – you’ve all inspired me to get back with it. Last year was my 2nd of the D2D, but my first in posting on FB — well, until I fell off the wagon in early November. Now to catch up and move on! Actually Sandy, last year I wanted one last book printed at the CM Digital Ctr before it closed, so printed up Jan-June and am so glad I did. Have looked at and shared my first 1/2 of 2013 often. I will say the one drawback about a year-long digital project is that unless you print out separate pages, you are having to wait so long to see your finished book.
    Janice, your idea of a list is a very nice touch. Am in the process of reading “One Thousand Gifts” and thinking it would be good for me to keep a list of things for which I am thankful, and what a great place to put that – in a D2D book.

• Janice says:

I’m so pleased you are going to do Day2Day again! And that you printed your first half of the year for 2013!!!!! I get what you mean about waiting for the book – but now that I have done that, and waited the year or so to order, I have loved receiving the book and sitting down with a cuppa reliving the previous year in one photobook. It’s a wonderful collection of moments and memories, and one that I share with my family and friends often.

2. debzz debzz says:

Once again…great ideas for a little 2014 variety. I changed last years Day 2 Day into a “Family Year Book”, and dedicated multiple pages to big events that occured throughout the year. ( birthdays, new grandchild, retirement party, family holidays, ski trips etc) I have exactly 99 pages for Panstoria print shop to transform into a beautiful book of memories. I still do one picture a day when it’s just “normal life”…if there is such a thing as normal. lol
    The idea of a notebook is fantastic because we do forget the little comments and thoughts that go along with our photos. I also am in love with the “Collect” app on my iphone because of the notes option.
    I do have a question… I recently purchased a new Jennifer Fehr kit and when I try to download it I get a message that the zip folders are invalid….any ideas about why that would be? I am anxious to use those papers and elements in 2014 book.

• Janice says:

Thank you Debzz, sounds like your plan is wonderful – and to have a 99 page book to print is awesome!!!!!
      As for the zip files, when I do a download I go to the zipped folder, right click on it, and select “extract” – then I drag all the pngs/jpgs into my user content from the unzipped folder. If that doesn’t work for you, I would suggest deleting that folder, and downloading it again.

3. shirley shingara says:

This is my first yar getting more than two weeks into a D2D project. I love your reflections and it inspires me. I even have a new app to install and a daily calendar reminder to program…thanks for the suggestions!

• Janice says:

Yay Shirley, and thank you so much. A great start to the year for you – with the app you just won’t forget, and you’ll just keep on taking photos 🙂

4. Lindie says:

I am starting an album of me. I think putting in What I Love about….. might be an interesting addition. Thanks for the idea. One thing that I love about this January is the three days off from school, so far, because of extreme COLD. Usually we don’t get any snow/cold days off. This year is a pleasent exception.

5. Alison Woof says:

I just love your blog this month Janice, and the way you express what the Day2Day community means to you! I’m excited to be doing my 4th year of this project with all the gang too. I always enjoy your D2D pages and the way you are documenting your everyday life. I know you won’t mind me pointing out that your November page needs another ‘t’ in Night(t)ime. 🙂

• Janice says:

Alison – you are my eyes!!!! No matter how much I think I’ve read my page, sometimes I’m just too excited to get it onto Facebook to see what comments I get. Your photos are always truly wonderful, and I love how you embrace each theme and incorporate it into your daily life to share with us.

6. Sandy says:

Janice, I love you blog. I have begun my 3rd year of d2D but I am doing things a little different this year. I found that I spent more time on getting my d2D pages done last year and neglected the stories behind those pictures. This year I have decided to do a double page calendar type spread of my daily pictures for each month and follow those up with the “rest of the story”. I know this means that I will most likely end up with more than one book for the year but at least I will be able to try to stay current with both projects, the daily picture and how that relates to the rest of our family’s stories.
    I have really enjoyed “getting to know everyone” through the d2D projects. We have watched children grow up, family changes, shared stories and encouraged others to keep going when they thought they would give up. We have become a group of friends. I look forward to seeing what others have done, looking for ideas and just being able to keep in touch. I really like that this project is an independent one but also one that connects us. I am excited to see where this takes all of us this year. Now to go find my camera and take today’s picture…..

• Janice says:

Sandy – you speak such true words. It has been wonderful watching everyone’s life journeys in a way only the Day2Day project provides! I love seeing your layouts and your exciting photos, and how you’ve embraced this theme. I can’t wait till the end of the month when we’ll see a stunning double page spread from you 🙂

7. Terry Vachowski says:

This is my fourth year too. I’ve used the project more as a journal the last three years. At the risk of repeating annual events too much, I’ve decided to stick with the themes this year. I love your idea of jotting things down each day- it’s too easy to forget the “little things”. I really enjoy the day2day family and friends I’ve made. Thanks, Janice, for all your inspiration!

8. Carolyn says:

Know what I love? Janice G., that’s what! 🙂 Your special pages each month are going to be super.

9. June says:

Janice, I love what you are doing this year! What a great idea to write what you loved about each month. You have inspired me to do the same! Thanks Janice and will look forward to your progress in Day2Day this year! 🙂

• Janice says:

Yay June – I look forward to seeing your “what I love” monthly pages! Your layouts and photo taking have been wonderful throughout the years you have participated in the Day2Day project – I always look forward to seeing them.

10. Anita Albritton says:

Love your blog, Janice!! As a now one year member of the “Day2Day gang” I can wholeheartedly say it’s been such a great experience!! You are so right about the welcoming and supportive atmosphere of the Day2Day peeps, and I want you to know how much I appreciate YOU, Janice, for all of your support and positive feedback!! 🙂

• Janice says:

Thank you Anita, you are so kind! You have been an inspiration to all of us Day2Day’ers! You leapt right into this project last year and your passion for it showed in your layouts, your photos and your wonderful comments on everyone’s pages.

11. debbie says:

This is also my fourth year doing D2D and I absolutely love it. Like you, I’m changing mine up abit and it seems to be working well. However, I love the idea: ” What I love about….” and am so glad you shared this now. Pretty sure I’m going to incorporate this.
    Everything you said about the D2D community is so true–I feel like I have “friends” all over the world. Also, the themes are great. It makes me feel as if I’m on a scavenger hunt.
    Thank you so much along with the other Pixies for coordinating this!

• Janice says:

Debbie, so glad you are continuing with Day2Day! Loving your pages and it’s great that we can mix things a bit up each year to suit what we feel like doing. I have found it very liberating not to do pages that are events and “matchy matchy”. You are so right when you say it’s like a scavenger hunt – the themes really help on those days when life seems to run the same path.