Tameka's Blog Header Image 820x142S I G H . . . The struggle is real. Every day it is a fight. It is my personal fight or struggle to erase obesity. I have learned some wonderful eating habits over the past few months. Good ole clean eating with extreme limitations such as no processed foods, 25 grams of sugar, and 1500 milligrams of sodium per day. Lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, but most importantly, lots of water. But what happens when you go astray? Sugar is like a drug. I know that well now. Eat 1 cookie and you crave 2. Eat 2 cookies and crave 3. I have been struggling to stay on track. But there have been so many social events since Thanksgiving that my weight loss has fluctuated. Thankfully, I have been able to maintain within 5 pounds of my lowest weight, but I have 45 to lose and I WANT CAKE!

The past few weeks have brought about a few stressful personal situations and a 2 week sickness which took me off track. I was unable to work out for almost 2 weeks straight. Do you know how hard it is to get back into the swing of things with a high intensity workout when you haven’t been there in 2 weeks? My first workout after my illness made that two weeks feel like two months. It is a struggle to get to the end of my workout. I am struggling to get in my full water intake. I am struggling the “want” to work out. My memory is shot. Every morning I intend to put on my Fitbit … and then forget. I don’t remember until I am too far away to turn back. Maybe I need to set an alarm to remind me to put it on! And I refuse to mention the nasty weather over the past few weeks.

Pray for me to get back on focus. I have set some expectations for myself during Lent. I cannot fail. I just want to remember that exercise is fun. Thankfully my trainer always finds a way to make class fun. In February we celebrated the 27th Anniversary of Body by Denise. Denise Warren has been serving my community for nearly three decades and I am lucky to have her close to me.

Check out this page I made from one of the celebrations. We celebrated nearly every day. The theme: Mardi Gras! Can you imagine what it was like to work out in those masks?

MardiGras_tb

Fonts: Edwardian Script and Agency FB

8 Responses to Blog: The Struggle is REAL!!!!!!

1. Carol says:

Meka, You have been amazing as well as an inspiration to many of us on your journey. We are proud of you. You will pick up right back where you left off when you have all your stamina back. For now take it One Day At A Time. Sending you a great big hug from this side of the border. xoxox

2. Liz Propst says:

The good news is that we wake up with a fresh slate every day. Live like a winner….you are!

3. Penny says:

Being successful at maintaining your weight through stressful times is a major accomplishment in itself (says one who managed to gain 40 pounds during a bad period). So pat yourself on the back for THAT! Your strong attitude and great support from your BBD group will get you through and someday you will look back and say, I DID IT! Hang in there!!

4. Jan says:

Right there with you, Meka. And the big wedding day is less than three months away!! Hang in there – we can do it! (and yes, wear the fitbit!!)

5. Deanna Emmert says:

OK. In absolutely no way should you be kicking yourself when you’re down. Been there and yes, I do continue to go there on occasion too–especially this winter which has been FULL of setbacks and non-exercise due to WHATEVER! But, for me, I am slowly discovering that setbacks are lessons that have to be learned about how to make flexible adjustments in life and how to keep the same helpful perspective even through a different set of circumstances. It’s like making it work for me rather than me working for it, ya know what I mean? Perhaps, not. But as others have said, Meka, you look fabulous and you will get to your goal! I will pray for you!

6. jolleyontheroad jolleyontheroad says:

I’m right there with you Meka!! The last 2 1/2 months have been really bad. We have my 92 year old Dad staying with us and he is diabetic and we are back to “cooking” regular food where before we were eating a huge salad every night! I have gained back 5 pounds plus the 5 that goes up and down!! I am not a happy camper with myself but I only have me to blame!! I haven’t been walking and working out like I need too!! I started back tracking my food today so back to what works, moving and counting calories!! You are right, it was all so easy last year and a struggle this year!! But together we can do this, one day at time, one bite at a time!! We got this!!

7. Tameka, I feel your pain, and I also know without accountability we fail. We were made to crave, just need to direct those cravings to the right place. You can do this and you are looking fantastic lady! Just work toward your next benchmark and be reasonable!

8. Linda DeLaughter says:

Meka, you look absolutely fabulous! I am so very proud of you! Now, if I can just transfer some of that “erasing” over to me — as soon as we are in our new home, my hubby and I will be walking and walking through our beautiful new hilly neighborhood and hopefully, the extra pounds will start to melt off.