Blog_Header_KimManninoIn June of 2012 I received an invitation to check out the Lose It! app.  I knew I should lose weight, but had not given it much thought.  When I saw the app, I thought, I’ll give this a try – it couldn’t hurt, maybe I’ll lose 20 pounds.

The app has you input your starting weight, how much you want to weigh, and how much you want to lose a week.  Then the app gives you a calorie budget.  I weigh and measure all my food.  In the app, I log all my food choices.  You can also log all your exercise.  As the weeks progressed and the weight was coming off, I was more and more excited about the changes I was making.  Since I didn’t start out with any grand plans, I didn’t take an official before photo.  The photo on this page was taken the month I began.  Until I started putting this page together, I did not realize how far I had come.

The last 10 pounds were the most difficult.  I just wanted to be at my goal.  I was doing everything I should eating right and doing a little bit of exercise.  I know that being healthy is not just about the number on the scale, but I just wanted to officially reach my goal.  On January 19, 2014 I saw the magic number.  I continue to weigh and measure my food daily.

Next step in being healthy is purposeful movement.  It is very easy for me to say “not right now” to exercise because I have work to do.  With the Lose It! app I am aware of the food choices I make.  Now, with the Fitbit I will be aware of my movement.  The Fit Bit is a device I wear on my wrist (mine even has a clock) to track my movement.  My minimum daily movement goal is 5,000 steps with 10,000 steps in mind.  Click here to check out the Fitbit devices.

Blog_March_ReachingAGoal

Creative Memories:  Downtown Digital Kit

24 Responses to Blog: Reaching A Goal

1. inekeloux says:

Kim – what a wonderful goal to reach, and have you noticed how many you are also inspiring! For me the magic words were not only that you had reached your goal, but that you were still doing the actions you did to reach it! Someone once wrote the definition of insanity is to do the same thing and expect a different result, well the opposite is also true — to STOP doing something, or do something different and expect things to stay the same. Keep on keeping on so that your Jan 2015 photo looks as good or better!

2. Janne says:

Congratulations, Kim! Having been on this journey my whole life, I know how difficult it is to keep to a plan. Takes a lot of determination and grit! Enjoy the new you.

3. Barbara says:

Amazing and inspiring! A goal, a plan and determination- what a winning strategy.

4. Kim says:

Thank you EVERYONE for all your encouraging words! I really appreciate all the support! One of the things I have enjoyed is going to my closet and not worrying if something is going to fit. Through my health insurance I have signed up for health coaching. I just want to fine tune my eating and purposeful movement. One little change at a time. My goal isn’t perfection. My goal is to make healthly choices most of the time.

5. Deanna Emmert says:

Many others have typed their congratulations to you. May I add mine as well? Congratulations! 🙂

6. Marjorie Webb says:

Good for you, Kim. That is hard work, I know, and you did it. You have greatly increased your health benefits and you look great. I am proud of you, and now I want to give it a try for myself. Thank you so much for sharing. You rock!

7. Jan says:

Woo hoo, Kim!!!!! You inspire me! Congratulations on meeting your goal. You look MAHvelous!!! xx

8. Barbara says:

Congratulations Kim! You look wonderful!

9. Cheryl says:

What an inspiration you are! Your hard work has certainly paid off. You look amazing and I bet you feel really good too.

10. Carol says:

Congrats Kim, you look amazing.

11. barbara dejmal barbara dejmal says:

Good job. Now how did you do it?

12. Janice says:

I’m with Carolyn – at a loss for the perfect words!!! I am halfway in my “master plan” – and stalling a bit. Looking at your photos – you are inspiring me to continue. You look amazing Kim!!!!!

13. Justine says:

Kim!!!! You look fabulous and I’m am certain you feel it too! Good on you 🙂

14. Kaye Rhodes says:

Congratulations, Kim! You look FABULOUS!

15. Kin, what a great journey and congratulations on sticking to it! You look wonderful!

16. Karen says:

Wow Kim. You are an inspiration to all of us you want or need to loose weight. Congratulations on your new look.

17. Sher says:

I bet you feel a whole new lease on life. Awesome job. You look amazing.

18. Sandy Norman says:

Fantastic journey!! You look terrific but based on your blog you are feeling terrific.

19. Congratulations. You look terrific, but I bet you feel even better.

20. laurie7piper says:

Congratulations, Kim! You look fabulous and I feel newly inspired by hearing your story and seeing your picture.

21. Carolyn says:

Rare, but I find myself wanting, but not finding, the perfect words to say how proud of you I am. It’s overwhelming. Good for you!

22. dachiemama dachiemama says:

Wow! Good job!

23. Linda DeLaughter says:

All I can say is “woo hoo”!!! Congrats, Kim! You are a powerful woman!