JG_BlogHeader

Those of you who have read some of my past blogs will know that I have a project that is a constant work in progress. It is not something that I work on each and every day – or even once a week. Rather, it is one that I have been contributing to sporadically over many years. It is constantly evolving with subjects and themes that on the surface may look like they don’t have any real connection, except for one contributing factor … me! It covers many subjects that involve family traditions that go back through the years, and ones that have evolved as my children grow up. Yes – I have devoted entire pages to topics such as “holiday cereal”, “pyjama days”, the traditional “Wasgij” jigsaw puzzle that appears under the tree every Christmas, what I love about Spring, what I hate about Winter. Quirky things that I just do around the house – like when I’m baking and sing and dance around the kitchen with my music blaring – as it just seems to make the end result taste better! There are many more pages on different topics, and pages being added when I think of them. This is where page prints are fabulous as I can print at will and add to my album along the way – keeping my memories fresh and new – and the pages get added to the album in no particular order – something that is a big thing for a chronological scrapper like me! Then there are the pages that are specifically about me. Who I am, what I want from life, what I love to do, my favourite things – and so on and so forth.

Most of these pages are full of joy, or warm fuzzy feelings that evoke wonderful memories … but … now I’m going to share with you a page about what really irks me. It’s the bare bones of what gets on my nerves – things I really dislike. I hope you won’t judge me too harshly after reading this page. Maybe you’ll even sit there and nod along and agree with some of these things. Maybe – now that I’ve actually completed this page and had it printed and put into my album, I can let go of some of those things that drive me to distraction now that I’ve “written” them down, as I look at them and think – wow, why does that irritate me so much – I should definitely let that one go! Maybe you will even be inspired to create a page just like this – and hopefully share it with us on our Facebook page.

After all … let’s be honest … we all have things that we dislike doing – or behaviour that really gets our “hackles” up just a little (or a lot). Maybe it will do me the world of good now I’ve recorded these things and they are in print, and face the fact that these things are part of who I am, and what makes me, me!

JG_Blog_28May2014_Sample

Cottage Arts: Everyday 1 Paper Pak (Colour treated), Everyday Art Journal Cards. Cardinal Christmas Page Pak, Action Scrap Words (colour treated), Baby and Me Scrap Words (colour treated)

Creative Memories: Digital Embellishments-Office Supplies II, Distressed Embellishments
(this is an affiliate link – if you do not have an affiliate, you will earn us a small commission if you use this link)
Fonts: KG Payphone, KG Defying Gravity Bounce, KG Strawberry Limeade, KG Part of Me

JG_BlogSignature

34 Responses to Blog: Let’s be honest

1. Shirley Bennett says:

I think this is why women are generally “more healthy” than men – we gossip (in the best sense of the word) about all the little stuff that bothers us, that we celebrate and and cry about. It then does not become “big” end of the world stuff. This page is one way of doing that and I could have made the list! A wonderful gift I think to many of p2p readers

• Janice says:

You are so right Shirley! Women are pretty good at sharing and “gossiping”!!! I love how you’ve put that! Thank you so much for your wonderful response!

2. I loved your post! I would have never thought about doing this, but you have inspired me to give it a shot. I have found that I definitely not good at a Day 2 Day album — I just over think the concept too much — but this is something that I definitely can wrap my head around. Thanks for the inspiration.

• Janice says:

I’m so glad you like my blog Debbie. This album is definitely a free flowing project that I can add to when and how I want – no rules! With Day2Day I took 3 years of failed attempts before I stuck to a whole year. Now in my fourth year it is like second nature, but I do make it my own. Sometimes I stick to the themes as I need a prompt along the way to help me see things from a different perspective – and the themes open my eyes to new photo opportunities. I do stray from the themes every now and then during a week of photo taking, depending on what’s happening at the time. The Day2Day project is all about my life and the small moments that happen each day – the big events always get scrapped, but I love that Day2day provides those little snippets of what actually happens!

3. Kyleen Stokey says:

I love pages like this and the others you mentioned. Its fun for a change of pace and I know our loved ones will enjoy seeing pages like these as much as all the ones we create of and for them!! Its just important to take the time to make these pages. Thanks for the reminder!! 🙂

• Janice says:

Thanks Kyleen – it definitely is refreshing to work on pages like these every now and then. My kids – well, they roll their eyes at me now – but I know they also laugh at some of these things behind my back! 😉

4. Beverly Goodrich says:

What a great idea! I have several old CM Max albums for the slide in pages. This would be a most excellent way to utilize those albums.

I did a Family Traditions album a few years back. This would allow me to update it with a second volume.

5. Deanna Emmert says:

Yup! Love this page, Janice! Will I make a list too? I guess for me I would first have to discern between what I really dislike and what is just annoying but I probably have to live with anyway. I guess I’ll start two lists. LOL! Thanks for a great “thinker-starter.”

• Janice says:

Thank you Deanna. I do hope I get to see your page/s with your lists. Wondering if we have some of the “dislike/annoying” things in common. 🙂

6. Carolyn says:

I started my list of annoyances, because I’m definitely making this page…
    1. meetings with no agenda and even less purpose
    2. walking past a dryer sheet that needs to be picked up
    3. small talk
    4. related to 3 – people who won’t let you know the real, deep parts of their life because they’re scared you won’t like them
    5. crumbs left on the counter
    6. not being able to find the last place I left my shoes
    7. taking care of the car
    8. spam
    9. malevolent computer viruses
    10. cancer
    11. chairs left out – push the dang things in when you leave the table!
    12. Tameka always being right (HA!) 🙂

7. Terry Vachowski says:

Ummm, yes, Janice, are you my clone or am I yours???

8. Anita Albritton says:

So great, Janice!! And so very true!! I LOVE your title, and how you tried to soften your description for how you feel about these things! (A few years ago I started really trying not to say “I hate…”, so I totally get your title! I don’t always succeed, mind you, but I do try not to say it!) Thanks for sharing your fun blog!! 🙂

9. junegauntley says:

Oh Janice!!! For SURE you are not alone here! I have to say that I agree with almost ALL of your peeves! Let us know if it works to write them all down and make them public! You might start seeing a lot of pages like this coming up! Thank you for the chuckles! Now I have to go and get organized…

• Janice says:

Thanks June – I have to say it did help listing them out, I had a good chuckle at myself over some of them. I can even add to the list a little more, so I’m thinking a clear pocket attached with a “wait there’s more” title on it to slip out and add to that list might stand me in good stead! I hope I do see some pages like mine – it would be good to read what makes people “tick”!

10. ex-va-gal says:

Janice, LOVE THE PAGE….. I think deep down we all fell the same way about some of the things on your list, but one day you will miss some of the things too.

11. Karen says:

Janice I believe that many of the items on the list would apply for most of us. The top of my list is the inability to be organized and stay organized. It’s funny that once your children leave the nest, socks always have mates, toilet paper is replaced, empty tissue boxes replaced with full ones but the dirty dishes remain in the sink and crumbs are still on the counter tops. As for cell phones and texting, don’t get me started! All in all, you are not alone.

12. Linda Ammons says:

Laughing……you’re Meeeeee…..All Hail The Truth!!!!

13. Wanda Brown says:

Love it; makes me feel normal!

14. Janne says:

I have to agree with just about every one of your peeves…just where do those extra socks go? It’s like they grow feet and walk out of the washer! Thanks for being brave enough to record the negative along with the positive…you can’t have one without the other after all!

• Janice says:

Exactly Janne – sometimes I think we do need to showcase all the bad stuff, after all – I was pretty much smiling by the time I finished this page! 😉

• Janne says:

It does tend to make you realize the triviality of the things that bug us the most! After all, they don’t hurt anyone, or pollute the world…our world, but not the outside world….I think it’s good to get them out there for all to see, and maybe a few of them might be corrected???? Not the socks though…they just keep on hidin’!

• Janice says:

Janne – you are so right, it does make me realise that things that bug me are trivial! Socks – yes – I have been known to just keep sticking those odd ones back in the wash until the partner shows up, so I can hang them in pairs on the line! Thankfully, odd socks don’t happen very often here, but when they do …….!!!!!

15. Linda DeLaughter says:

Janice, we were cut from the same mold! Thanks for sharing your rant with us, because I am sure there are many others like us out there! Have a fabulous day!

• Janice says:

Thanks Linda! 🙂 I was a bit worried about posting this page – but then, it’s good to have some “home truth’s” about ourselves on our pages and not just the lovely stuff!