140920_Blog_Header_AW

Once upon a time there was a little boy with red hair and a love of order. When he was 5 years old, he set out on a grand adventure. Through days and weeks, months and years our intrepid hero negotiated the sometimes arduous, but always stimulating, road of discovery. He met some wonderful characters, and developed knowledge, skills, and most importantly character, along the way.

13 years have passed, and now that chapter is over, and a new one is about to begin…

Today my Alex had his high school graduation. 13 years of schooling have come to an end. In a couple of weeks he will be sitting his Higher School Certificate exams. Some time in December he will receive his results and the universities will make their offers of places for next year. In January he will turn 18 and become (legally) an adult.

We don’t know what the next chapter has in store, but we do know that he has grown into a fine, honest young man, and we are very proud of him. He is funny, smart, musical, faithful, easy-going and loyal. He is a wonderful brother to Rosie, a good friend, and a respected mentor and teacher to many at Kids’ Club and church.

Alex has not always been thrilled with my “obsession” with taking photographs! But one day I hope he’ll be glad I took these ones, and took the time to record the events, big and small, of his life story.

I can’t wait to turn the page and read the next chapter! Whatever new stories are over the page, I’ll be ready to click, create and celebrate them.

Content used: Blog header: Dragon Trainer kit by Katie Pertiet, Designer Digitals. Font: The King and Queen. Page: p2P DeliciousAutumn Blueprint (retired), Little Feet Digital Designs A Graduate and Scholar kit. Font: Bodoni MT Condensed. 140920_Blog_AW

14 Responses to Blog: The end of one chapter…

1. Anita Albritton says:

How did I miss your blog when you first posted it!?!? Oh Alison!! I just hung on every word!! Our kids’ high school graduation is a fascinating time, isn’t it? It’s so true for them, of course, but also for us parents!! I don’t think I had ever so clearly felt several distinct emotions at the same time!! Happiness for their success…sadness at the loss of the young boys I remember so well…complete excitement for them for whatever the future holds, to name a few! Congratulations to Alex, and all the best for what comes next!!

2. Janice says:

It’s a big year for our boys Alison! I loved reading your blog with your story telling. It’s going to be an intense few weeks ahead with studying, lecture revisions, practice exams, and then the real thing when they sit their finals! Wishing Alex every success!!!

3. Jan says:

Congratulations to Alex for making it through one more important ‘rite of passage’ and for earning his diploma. It is so hard, and yet so rewarding, to watch our babies evolve into adults and all that comes with being productive citizens. Good job Alex and good job, Mum!!

4. sistersunshine says:

I have to say that my grandson LOVED your banner for this post… he’s really into dragons… I ‘read’ him your post… taking a bit of literary license … heck I totally made it up to go with the header…my grandson loved it. I as usual LOVED your post as is… the blogs continue to be my favorite part of p2P’s offerings. Thanks Alison for sharing a bit more of your home life. *U* Kathleen

• Alison says:

Oh Kathleen, I would love to hear your version of Alexander’s Adventures!

• sistersunshine says:

Alison, Peace & joy. Think Princess Bride, Cinderella, Frozen & just about ALL the other fairy tales out there in never never land… he had a blast… as he’s the one that kept pointing back at the banner as I was trying to read the post… it got quite interesting… I’m just glad his older sister wasn’t here to spoil the fun… “GRANDMA… THAT’S NOT WHAT IT SAYS”… I love the age when kids believe EVERYTHING you say… ~sigh~ then they have to grow up and learn to read on their own… Emily is soooo literal… don’t change a single word… once she masters reading I HOPE she’ll allow her imagination to go crazy again… it was much more fun. *U* K

5. Sandy says:

What a beautiful story. I love how you have captured the moment for Alex. He will truly appreciate this in later years.

6. Kaye Rhodes says:

Wishing all the best to Alex!

7. Deanna Emmert says:

Alex is blessed to have such an amazing and creative Mom!