Need some inspiration for your Day2Day project?

Simply click on the images below for a list of weekly themes to get your creative juices flowing.  Stay tuned, because we will be adding a new list each quarter.

D2D_H_WeeklyThemes_JF 4

D2D_H_WeeklyThemes_JF 3

p2P_D2D_G2K_WeeklyThemes_1_2014_JF (2)

D2D_H_WeeklyThemes_2_2014_FI

20 Responses to D2D Good2Know: Weekly Themes 2014

1. Ruth Regas says:

I am just getting started in this whole D2D thing. Is there a place that explains it. I think I have the gist of it but was wondering about an introduction to it. I used to do albums for each of my children until they graduated. My youngest just graduated last year. So this project seems like it might be what I am looking for to continue my scrapbooking. Something different! Hopefully I can find my way back to where I left this question. Sometimes I find things I want to try and then can’t find my way back to where it was. Thanks, you Pixies are so helpful.

2. Lori Hagen says:

I am sooooo excited about this!! I have failed for the past 3 years to take a photo everyday, so I am changing up the rules for myself. Keeping each theme for the week, I get to take as many photos as I want for that theme, on any days (in that week) that I want. It might be 2, or it might be 10. But I no longer feel limited, and I’m not worrying about not getting it done every day. Thanks for all the guidance and encouragement!!! I am happy happy!!! =)

3. Melissa Perlet says:

I noticed that the first week is only five days, are you following a Sunday through Saturday time frame this year? I currently have my first week of January 2014 page set for 7 days, January 1-7.

• Janice says:

Yes Melissa, you are quite correct. We are starting the year off with a 5 day theme, then our weekly themes will roll out from Sunday through Saturday. I hope you can follow along with us, or even just do a few photos of the theme for each week, or it’s not too hard for you to rejig January a bit. You are way more organised than I am if you have January 2014 set up already!

4. Debbie says:

After doing the D2D project for three years, this year I’m going to do a different spin on the idea. I’m going to follow the themes however, will take all my photos on a single day of the week, the same day of the week: Wednesdays. Additionally I hope to incorporate one new idea or technique weekly, as a p2P challenge. Hopefully this will allow me to continue to grow in my skills and keep me more current on my other projects.
    It will be an interesting concept and I can always alter the format if it doesn’t seem to be working, but I suspect it will! Thank goodness that there are no scrapbook police!

• Justine says:

Definitely no scrapbook police (or photography police for that matter!) and it is YOUR OWN project Debbie! Looking forward to sharing the journey with you and seeing your pages!

5. Anne says:

So disappointed that I fell down on the job of taking daily photos in 2013 but making a firm commitment to sticking with it this year!! Who’s with me?

6. gayneal says:

I’m excited to start again! Thanks for the themes.

7. debbieb says:

Thankyou very much for the great ideas/themes

8. Jan says:

For Americans – ‘garden’ in Australia is what we call ‘yard’ in America – just in case you’re like me and have a yard but don’t have a garden!

• Donna says:

I have a garden and a yard, but they are covered with snow, so it could be a bit interesting. We’ll see what I can come up with.

• Janice says:

Sometimes following the theme is a bit of a challenge Donna. That’s why I love this project though – the themes are there to help and not necessarily stick by for the entire week. It’s such a personal project and I love the freedom of choice for each day that comes my way. Sometimes there is a photo that is just begging to be taken and it doesn’t fit the theme at all – but it will make it into my week of photos because it’s important to me.

• Anita Albritton says:

Thanks for telling us that, Jan!! I swear I just said today “Uh Oh! We have an “In my garden” theme, and I don’t have a garden!! Glad to know that my plain old grass will do! 😀

• Lori Hagen says:

And….the garden you photograph doesn’t necessarily have to be your own!! We have a beautiful arboretum here in the Seattle area that I haven’t been to in years. Might be a good reason to get out and revisit it!