BlogHeader_Kim_ScrapbookingStuff

I remember my parents’ 50th birthdays thinking that they were old!  On August 28th I celebrated my 50th and it doesn’t seem that old now. I remember thinking, “I have a long way to go. I got some time before I have to start using those senior discounts.” Well, now that I’m actually here, I’m thinking, “Where has the time gone?” All of my kids have grown up. My daughter is working full time with a bachelor’s degree and my boys are applying for colleges. When my parents were 50, I hadn’t even had AJ and Joey. Angela was almost 4 years old and Tony and I were celebrating 6 years of marriage… and now we’re coming up on 24 years. They say the time flies when you’re having fun. They weren’t wrong. Whoever they are. And now I get to partake in all those awesome discounts for us oldies! Life is good.

As you can imagine, I have a lot of photos – 39,000 to be exact (in one memory vault).  And, I didn’t have digital photos until 2006. Looking back over photos brings back so many fun times and family that I miss.  I am grateful to have photos of past generations.  I have one thing better than photos alone.  Because of my hobby and now business, I have stories to go with the photos.  I am grateful to have an incredible software that helps me organize and find photos – Historian.  And software that gives me the opportunity to display the photos and tell their stories – Artisan.

Blog_Celebrating50_SamplePageBlueprint:  Grand Bazaar L

Page by:  Kim Mannino

Cottage Arts:  Plum Haze Page Pak

Designer Digitals:  Cooked Kit, Clock Faces, Artistry de Azul Kit

Font:  Ashby Book

12 Responses to Blog: Celebrating 50

1. Carolyn says:

You are radiant. :-). If I didn’t know better, I’d guess you were pregnant. :-). Lol! Here’s to 50 more years of beautiful you — you who are as beautiful on the inside as on the outside. Love you bunches!

2. Lauri says:

We are so similar! I turned 50 almost two years ago! I too have 39,000 digital photos in one vault AND digital photos started in 2003! I will say that I also converted ALL of my negatives to digital as each child graduated from high school. Now I can really enjoy looking back! I agree about time flying by! I made a list of 50 things to do during my 50th year! It was SO much fun and I have almost accomplished them…coming up on 52! My parents were in their 40’s when I married almost 30 years ago…I thought they were old! Haha! Scrap booking has been such a fun part of looking back, being present, and looking ahead! Thanks for the positive post!

3. Jan says:

Happy, happy, happy! And many, many more!

4. Bobbie says:

Happy belated Birthday Kim! I’m approaching 55. The “5” numbers bother me more then the “0” birthdays. I love having Historian to write stories in. I’ve been scanning old photos and writing what things I can still remember. Someday I’ll get around to scrapping them. Love your page!!

5. Terry Vachowski says:

Happy Birthday, Kim! And best wishes for the NEXT 50! They DO fly by!

6. You are so right, Kim! Fifty used to sound so old — until you turned 50 yourself! Now that I am 53, I think I can honestly say that 60 sounds terrifying and not that far off! Thirty came and went and I was telling myself, “What’s the big deal about turning 30?” I think for me, it is 60! But who knows, maybe 60 will be the new 30!!!

7. Lori Bickford says:

It’s so very true! Happy 50 – and to many, many more!

8. Anita Albritton says:

Happy Belated Birthday, Kim!!!! Gorgeous photo of you, and fabulous page!!!

9. Kaye Rhodes says:

Happy Birthday, Kim! It’s true, it only gets better from here!

10. Billie J says:

A lovely page by a lovely woman.

11. Liz Propst says:

Kim….you look fantastic. I just love this photo of you. Blessings as you journey forward in your 50’s, it only gets better! Liz