Tameka's Blog Header Image 820x142I can’t believe it’s December already. Before you know it, it will be the New Year. The time of renewal, resolutions and resolve.   After working on the December issue of Pages, collecting and creating layouts to display all of the wonderful Day2Day pages for various articles, I began to get excited about the possibility of me finally completing a Day2Day album of my own.

I have tried a couple of times to complete a Day2Day album. I was unsuccessful each time. I would get off to a good start, but somewhere along the way I would get lost. I stop taking pictures, life gets in the way, and I get excited about starting new projects. You can only imagine how many UFOs I have. I’ve made a resolution to get all of those completed ASAP. I’ve also made a resolution to give the Day2Day project another try. I just need to take baby steps and not look at it as a yearlong project, but look at it as an “in this moment” project. I think what will help me with this is our brand new Project Studio – Home Is Where The Heart Is. It is set up and designed for people like me. It will get me going with a daily photo and scrapping it on time.

The Day2Day Community is a great one. I will rely on the Day2Day community to keep me going and know they will be there to help. Just because I am one of the pixels2Pages team members doesn’t mean I don’t need help. Thankfully, I get a lot of support from my team members. So as I press forward and get ready to start my Day2Day journey…again…I look to you, the pixels2Pages members and fans to give me advice, support, and your proof reading skills.

Enjoy your holiday season.

PS.  Don’t forget to check out the newest issue of Pages which focuses on Day2Day and join me and register for our very first Project Studio – Home Is Where The Heart Is.

9 Responses to Blog: If At First You Don’t Succeed!

1. Sandy says:

I have realized how much I have missed doing this project this year, especially now that everyone is posting up their last pages for 2014. I am going to do it again next year but also have to remind myself to do the every day pages as well. That was my downfall in 2013 and I am still playing catch up, slow and steady. I like Janice’s idea of setting an alarm, but really can’t wait for the Home Is Where Your Heart Is project to begin!! I will provide gentle reminders if others do the same for me.

2. Janice says:

You can do it Meka!!! I have an alarm set on my phone to remind me to take a photo – just in case I’ve forgotten during a busy day – but now, it’s second nature to snap a pic (or three) every day. And if you miss one, you miss one – and move on, or you can think of what you were doing the day you missed, and replicate a photo. Just make it work for you, and we will love seeing your weekly photos and pages!

3. Cheryl says:

I need to make a resolution to get the pages done. I’m pretty good at taking the photos but then they sit in Historian. Maybe 2015 will be the year I keep up with making the pages with support from the Pixies

4. Jo says:

I just love all you Pixies, Tameka. I don’t know how you keep up with all the wonderful things that you do for us, as well as your own lives. You sometimes do my head in, like I’ve just signed up to issuu and it’s never simple. I managed to download Pages to my computer, but not to ipad. Well it’s there, but I can’t read it offline.

You certainly stretch the grey matter and I just love learning all the new things.

5. Liz Propst says:

Day 2 Day is something I’m never accomplished for more than a few weeks….but I love your In the Moment take on this. Now that I can identify with……Living in the Present…..maybe for me that could be a monthly double page creation. Thanks Meka for your inspiration!!

6. Karen Jones says:

I debated hard about trying this on again. But I got a cell phone this week that takes wonderful pictures. It won’t replace my DSL, but it will help me be more “in the moment” and not without a phone.

7. jolleyontheroad jolleyontheroad says:

I can totally relate Meka!! I start out great, summer comes and I get busy and it gets but to the side!! I’m going to give it another go too!!

8. Jan says:

Right there with you, Meka!!