KH Blog Header

Currently the Project Studio class “Home Is Where The Heart Is” is in full swing! There are over 135 members of the class and they are all really enjoying themselves. Photos and pages are being posted to represent different prompts of things in and around the home. Things you LOVE! Everyone is inspiring and encouraging each other and the community of ‘love’ being shared is wonderful to be part of.

I had already completed an entire book about 6 months ago. So, I decided to do another to join in with the class participants for this month. I am so glad I did. Just in that short space of time, all of my photos have been different. One in particular …   “From Where I Stand”.

My son is already 18 and could have his license, but he was never in a big hurry to learn to drive and he didn’t go at 16 to get his learner’s permit. A few weeks before Christmas, he went and did the test and was successful and now has a learner’s permit. He needs to have the learner’s permit for a minimum of 12 months to proceed to the probationary license. AND, you have to have a minimum of 120 hours of recorded driving experience.

It’s a very exciting time, and the new adventures will begin as he learns to drive and I go completely grey! LOL

I have been in the car with him a few times and it really is the first time I have ever felt completely out of control of being able to help him. Sure I can talk him through what he is doing and how he is learning, but I can’t physically do it for him. I have learnt that it is hard. I know it will get better, and I know he will be a very capable and experienced driver, but it will take some time. And it will require patience! Lots of patience!

This may not be a new experience for anyone reading this blog post, but for me, it is completely new. A little daunting and exciting at the same time! I will cope, but just for now, there have been a few moments of breath holding and teeth clenching!

My new page “From Where I Stand” is an image of the big yellow L on the back (and front) of our car. All ready for Riley to take off.

The page features the pixels2Pages Blueprint Book “Home Is Where The Heart Is” and all content is from Little Feet Digital Designs “A Home Is Where The Heart Is”.

Fonts: Lane Narrow, A Little Pot

blog Ls

9 Responses to Blog: From where I stand

1. Chantal says:

I went through the experience with 3 of my sons – the last one will be this summer. It has been a different experience with each one reflecting their character – I will take the opportunity of the last one to remember the different stories in my scrapbook of 2015. I love the Home is Where the Heart Is Class as it makes me write a different type of journaling and take different photos than when I do my yearly scrapbook for vacation, family event, travel.

2. Lindie says:

When our daughter was learning to drive, she had her permit for a year. This way she was able to drive in all sorts of weather. Snow, rain, sleet, ice, sun,etc. She is a great driver, because she had to learn in weather. She also had to learn on a stick shift car. She is the only one of her friends who can drive both manual and automatic transmissions. She is glad that she can. And I taught her.

3. Deanna Emmert says:

My daughter was the most nervous learner when it came to driving. She was overly cautious–overly everything. She hated it but she knew she needed to learn to do it. Around here, if you want lower insurance rates your kids need to take a Driver’s Ed class. This was a good thing in our case as she learned from someone else too. Now she is one of the best drivers I know! 🙂

4. Jan says:

Oh, the stories I could tell of the days when my kids were learning to drive….it is a rite of passage for all involved! Hang on and hang in there! xx

5. Sandy says:

I LOVE how you have included the photo of the policeman with the photo of your son’s Learners sticker. Somehow they just go together perfectly. You will get through this. I joked around with my daughters that I felt like Fred Flintstone when they were learning to drive. I too thought my feet would go through the floorboards to help them stop. They did fine and I lived to tell about it. You will too.

6. pamflinttx says:

We will be in the same boat this summer. My daughter has already graduated high school and is in her first year of university and does not even have her learner’s permit yet. This summer when she’s home, it’ll be time for her to learn to drive.

7. Janice says:

I know exactly how you feel! I think I pressed a whole in the floor on the imaginary brake pedal! We are so close to 120 hours, and I still have moments of panic! Sometimes I think it’s because I wonder how he will ever get from A to Z without me, and without doing something stupid while driving!
    I’m loving the Home Is Where The Heart is Class so much – such a fabulous project, fabulous group, and fabulous design/concept!