Juzzi Blog Header 2014

Our time in Madagascar is coming to a close and while we are wrapping up patient stories my life just got a whole lot busier!  We normally run our Communications Department with the following positions:

Communications Manager (we actually have two at the moment but one is transitioning in as the other is transitioning out)

Videographer

Two full time photographers

Graphic

Two writers

Day Crew (Local Malagasy person) Translator

Day Crew Medical Photographer

Two Media Liaison Officers

A week ago one full time Photographer and our Graphic Designer left, so I got to pick up a couple of their jobs that they do each week. Recently we have started putting together before and after pictures of all the amazing transformations that have been taking place here.  It’s all done in Photoshop so that is what I got to play with yesterday!

Now Photoshop is on both of my computers at home but I do my best to avoid using it – don’t get me wrong it is an amazing program and you are able to do incredible things with it … but give me Artisan ANY DAY!!!

It has been sometime since I have used PS and as I opened it up I thought “I could just take these photos up to my cabin and in 5 minutes have the same end product … with less stress and hassle :)”

I persevered however, told the Videographer that it has been years since I had used PS and my brain just doesn’t think like that anymore. He was more than happy to give me a helping hand and an hour later I had all the files I needed and I was done.

They probably would have noticed if I had done the job in Artisan (only because of the file names) but the end product would have been exactly the same!

MGB150514_BANAY_BEFORE_AND_AFTER_PS_JF001_LO_EN    banay - Page 001

Photoshop version – not sure of the font                                           Artisan – font KG Always a Good Time

I love how Artisan works and besides the fact that I don’t have the font of the PS version on my computer or the Mercy Ships Logo to use they look pretty much the same 🙂

12 Responses to Blog: I used Photoshop Today

1. cmjill2001 cmjill2001 says:

So, I purchased some templates from another company and later realized the jpegs are not full templates but saved as individual jpegs. Ugh. The other template you receive is the one for photoshop. Is there any conversion program that can make these useful in A5?

2. Joni Beugnot says:

I’m so glad you shared this. I personally have no experience with PS and have often wondered how they compare since PS seems to be much more well known.

3. Jan says:

I am so thankful for Artisan! I am a PS dropout. There, I’ve said it. PS – 1, Jan 0.

And thanks again for the work you and Mercy Ships are doing. What a beautiful smile!

4. Dana Browne says:

I love Photoshop for basic photo editing because I have a bit more control and because it allows me to shoot my photos in RAW and then edit them and save them out to .jpg. When it comes to adding fonts and creating photos within photos and such and doing decorative page work? Give me Artisan any day! I tried learning scrapbooking in Photoshop when I wasn’t sure what was going to happen with Artisan and Creative Memories and content. I was so happy when I discovered that I could keep using Artisan. Only a few things have I found that I do like Photoshop better for, and it isn’t enough to make me go back and forth between the two.

5. Sandy says:

I never could get PS figured out long enough for it to stick. My brain and fingers have no problem with Artisan though. I love how simple it is to do minor and/or major fixes easily. And if I don’t like the results…. UNDO.

6. adakallen says:

I can use PS, but give me Artisan!

Thanks for all you are doing!

7. Liz Propst says:

Good for you for knowing how to use PhotoShop…..I took two classes and my reaction is that PShop is larger than my brain. Now….Artisan, that is LOVE!! Blessings as you transition to new places. Thanks for your service to so many, Juzzi!!

• Justine says:

I think Photoshop is way bigger than my brain too Liz! and I just couldn’t get my brain to think how it needed to so that any of it made sense!

8. Terry Vachowski says:

Thanks so much, Justine! The smile says it all. And oh yeah, Artisan is SOOOO much easier!

9. Deanna Emmert says:

So much to love about Artisan! 🙂

10. Lindie says:

Your teams are doing incredible work. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.