BlogHeader_Kim_ScrapbookingStuffSometimes it is hard to just get started let alone complete a project. Lately, I have have found when it comes to scrapbooking, I just can’t seem to get started on my personal projects.  I find myself having to get organized to start organizing – that is called the crazy cycle!

One of the blessings in my life is that I have a job that I LOVE.  pixels2Pages was born out of my passion for photos, telling stories, teaching and crafting.  My work keeps me busy creating videos, challenges, Blueprints, and Pixie Dust.  Keeping my tasks for p2P organized, projects I want to personally complete documented, digital content organized, and collecting and organizing photos becomes overwhelming and I wind up not working on my personal projects.  And, working from home, while a HUGE blessing, has its challenges.  There is always something to do around the house.  When organizing photos is too daunting and I think “I should vacuum” something is wrong with me.  Who wants to vaccum over scrapbooking!  I think that comes from just knowing that I can’t complete a fun task in one setting, that I want to walk away.  Another fun task, getting and organizing digital content has become overwhelming too.  So much so that I wind up doing nothing at all.

I am so glad that pixels2Pages has come up with a group, p2P’s Plan2Scrap Club, to help with our own personal goals.  It is a place for me to be encouraged that I am not alone.  It is a place for me to be inspired by others goals.  It is a place for me to figure out what will work for me and be accountable.  And, to share my success.  We have even created a printable handout to help you get started with planning projects.  For me, it is going take creating my list of personal to-dos and then blocking time in my calendar.  Sometimes I feel guilty when I want to do something “fun” like working on a personal project when there is work around the house or work to be completed for p2P.  By blocking time in the calendar, I don’t have to feel guilty that I am not doing something else.

Currently, I am developing a p2P overview video on what it takes to start and complete a project.  I am going to have to apply my own advice!  If you haven’t already, check out what is happening on the Plan2Scrap Club Facebook page.

8 Responses to Blog: Completing Projects

1. Jan says:

Oh, Kim…the only time I ever get any cleaning or organizing done is when the other tasks on my list go in the ‘too hard basket’! Can’t wait to see your video!

2. Bridget says:

Wow!! just learned something…let me go find the Plan 2 Scrap group!!! I need LOTS of encouragement!!

3. I am right there with you, Kim. I have spent my time lately organizing, categorizing, and tagging my digital content. I thought I was doing great with this, but when I joined the Plan 2 Scrap group, I realized that I had a mess on my hands! I had duplicate art kits because I did not keep up on my organization and had not cleaned out my downloads folder in quite some time. I found art kits that were not showing up in my content library because somehow they were in a folder within a folder within another folder. Not sure how that happened, but it did! So, with all that being said, this has forced me to spend my time really going through my computer and my EHDs and sifting through my chaos and saying to myself that it is okay to get rid of old CM free content that I have not used and will never use to clear up my content library and my digi scrapping life!

4. Terry Vachowski says:

Thanks, Kim. The entire thing has become way too overwhelming for me too. Whenever I take time to try a challenge for example, I just get farther behind on my cropping. I was wondering how to join the club as I hadn’t seen anything lately on it, so thanks for the repeat info.

5. Marie says:

I wish that I didn’t have to have a Facebook account to participate. I am not interested in creating a Facebook account.

• Alison says:

Marie, the Plan2Scrap club group is simply a place for people who want to encourage one another to set goals for their scrapping and achieve them. You are most welcome to set yourself goals without joining the group, but the whole idea is the community of scrappers, cheering each other on. What people love about being part of this group is the encouragement and idea sharing from people just like us, all with the same aim of getting their photos off their cameras and into books, and recording their stories. It’s always just that little bit easier to get moving on a project when you have a cheer squad behind you!

• Caroll says:

I totally understand…the ONLY reason I created a facebook account was to be a part of the p2P facebook community. I love p2P!!

6. adakallen says:

LOVE THIS!
    So many of us wear the same pair of shoes!
    Thanks for sharing yours with us!