KH Blog Header

You may have noticed that a bit of a new ‘craze’ has started recently with adult colouring books! It certainly caught my eye straight off! I love to colour and doodle.

As a child I remember colouring for hours on end. I must have had thousands of pencils and textas and even now, having lots of pencils and textas is not uncommon in my home!

Being an Art Teacher  has benefits for  fulfilling my desire to colour in! I love being at school and sitting down with some students and helping them do their artwork and colouring in! I like to show them how to do lots of styles of colouring and when they ‘get’ a new technique, they use it all the time.

Some people see colouring in as ‘busy work’. Something to keep kids occupied. I know I spent hours being ‘occupied’ as a child. But something happens when you sit down to colour in. Your start to relax.

There are many benefits to colouring for adults, but the ‘me’ time and the relaxation for just a little while is certainly one of the things I love the most!

Ok, I am off now, got some colouring to do in my new book!!

Page content: Masterpiece in Motion MEGA Bundle – Jumpstart Designs

Font: Euphorgenic

blog page

13 Responses to Blog: Pass me the pencils

1. Alyssa says:

Fun activity and beautiful layout. What font(s) did you use for the title, “Fill you life with COLOR”

2. Janice says:

I love this book, and have it and I also have “The Enchanted Garden”, … and I can’t wait for her new one to come out in October – “Lost Sea”.
    Just 15 minutes of colouring and I’m totally relaxed and at peace – so I know exactly what you mean. So glad you got the book for your birthday – such a wonderful gift. I got some Secret Garden postcards to colour in for my birthday – and I need to go buy some fineliners for the delicate designs.
    …… by the way – great minds …. this was going to be my blog topic for next month – guess I’ll have to think of something else, maybe there’ll be a new “craze” between now and then! 😉

3. adakallen says:

I had to look up “textas” also! We call them markers! Trust me we have them everywhere and with the little ones growing older I definitely keep plenty of markers and pencils just for them.

One of my favorites (and still is) was the color by number projects. I started with oils on canvas now they have them for all mediums.

• Kerrianne says:

Ada, we do also call them markers, but texta is a marker brand, so it kind of stuck! I used to love colour by number too! I remember painting “Black Beauty” as a young girl. I was so in love with that horse!

4. Liz Propst says:

I had to look up textas too….a felt tipped pen or marker as I call them. Thanks for expanding my horizons. And when I color I love to use my watercolor pencils so it’s coloring and then some painting too. Think I’ll have to go get them out!! Thanks for a fun blog!

• Kerrianne says:

Love my watercolour pencils too Liz! You can print some adult colouring sheets just from the web. I printed some for the kids at school and they loved them.

5. Yvonne says:

I am told that colouring in is also good for brain activity and you are right about the relaxing bit. Just wanted to put a thought out. I colour in rubber stamps and make cards, something to do with your colouring in once you have finished. Enjoyed your blog Kerrianne.

6. Deanna Emmert says:

I had to look up the word “textas.” (I learned something new. Thank you!) Great blog, Kerrianne! 🙂