Curious about what’s new in Artisan 5?  Wondering where some of your favorite tools and buttons are hiding?  Sit back and relax as Anne takes you on a quick tour of Artisan 5.  Be sure to stay until the end, even though we know you’ll be wanting to try all of the awesome innovations you’ll find in this amazing new software!

Just a note – Artisan 5 is a completely new program, built on a different platform than Artisan 4 or StoryBook Creator 4.  There are three things you need to know:

• You must have a 64 bit computer to run Artisan 5.  If your computer is a 32 bit machine, you will not be able to use Artisan 5.  Not sure what you have?  Click HERE to learn more.
  • Because Artisan 5 is built on a different platform, that means you can run Artisan 4 (or SBC 4) and Artisan 5 on the same computer.  We recommend that you leave Artisan 4 on your computer until you are feeling proficient on Artisan 5.
  • Once you have opened an Artisan or SBC 4 project in Artisan 5, you CANNOT open it again in a previous version.  If you have unfinished projects in Artisan 4, we recommend that you finish them there.  Start a new project or even just a practice project in Artisan 5 until you are comfortable with it.

If you enjoyed this free video, please check out our other free offerings on the Resources page.  We invite you to register for a 1 month Free Trial of pixels2Pages if you have never been a p2P member before.  Finally, if you are serious about learning to use Artisan 5 (or Artisan 4 or Historian), you’ve come to the right place.  Click HERE to join pixels2Pages today!

Checkin’ Out Artisan 5 [9:18 mins]

Tagged with →

57 Responses to Video Tidbit: Checkin’ Out Artisan 5

1. Angela Carswell says:

I want to print for a local store not my printer, is there a way to convert to jpeg and print?

2. Trish W says:

HI,
    I hae opened my new Artisan 5 and watched your video-and I am puzzled about something. I wanted to do just a 12 x 12 page, I picked out my blueprint and am ready to insert pictures. But to the right where the labels used to be for photos/ pages/ content I am only seeing content. I get it that |I am only doing 1 page so of course there would not be a pages label. But where is the label for the photos? I want to be able to upload a group of photos from Historian as this blueprint has 20 openings. so where did this label go and how do I get it to show?
    Thanks!!
    Trish

• Shelley says:

When you are in a single page project you don’t have access to a photos or pages panel. You can still add multiple photos to your project by using the Photo button on the Insert ribbon, or by copying and pasting the images from Historian. Our recommendation is to create a page prints project, even for single pages. This tip explains in more detail.

3. Sandy Stoodt says:

So Projects don’t transfer toA5. I just downloaded A5 and I can’t find any thing.

4. Joni Beugnot says:

I have been using A5 for a calendar project and am constantly getting the below error after working on the project for a while and editing. I have to close out A5 completely and open it again in order to keep working on the project. I entered the error message on the A5 support and no results came back. Help! this is annoying and frustrating. I can’t post the screen shot, but here is what it says: “An unexpected error has occurred. The error is: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.” Also in A5 one of my kits popped up a message saying it was corrupted.

• Shelley says:

I wonder if the corrupted kit is causing this message. Try deleting the kit (you’ll be able to download it again from the store if you have the activation code) and see if that helps. Also tech support will get back to you but with all the new changes lately they are pretty snowed under so it might take a while.
      Another option is to start a new project and see if you’re getting the same error.

5. Christine Smith says:

Just wondering if other people are finding it takes a long time to put an element/paper etc on the page. I can’t seem to drag and drop elements quickly and rt clicking and adding the item to the page also takes a long long time compared to A4.
    Thanks for the tips in the video tidbit

6. Phyllis says:

I have a customer who has (for example) Best of Fall PDP. We can see it in her Content, the the CM Art Kits folder, however, she has no access to use it. I can’t figure it out. I hope p2P will have something soon (or maybe it’s already here and I can’t find it) help on how to organize our Content (Artwork). I had used Mary’s idea on how to organize Content a long time ago and my artwork is scattered now. Please let me know.
    Thanks.

• Shelley says:

Phyllis, the issue with the Best of Fall PDP Kit is that Pre-designed pages don’t show in content, you need to use the Template button on the Home Ribbon – click HERE for a tip about that. With regard to organising content, we have loads of info – HERE is the link for that.

7. LaniCreely says:

I just installed Artisan 5 Update and I believe everything transferred over, but why are my art kits in different categories? I understand why there is Personal art kits, but why is all my purchased kits in Commercial, Creative Memories and Packages. It made it difficult to find my fabulous baby girl kit as it’s located in Packages as where my other fabulous kits were located in Creative Memories art kit section. Just thought they would all be alphabetized regardless of art kit/package title. Will I be able to put them alphabetically? Thank you.

• Shelley says:

Artisan doesn’t move your content, it just figures out where it is and adds those folders to the library. So you must have had all those folders on your computer already, but perhaps had not used them all in A4. You can move your art kits to a more logical arrangement via your windows folders – THIS TIP was written for Artisan 4 so the screen shots look different but the method is the same and will help you locate those files. (Just be warned that moving kits to different folders might mean you need to redo your categories).