pixels2Pages members receive a collection of 18 Blueprints every month as part of their membership. A sample collection of Blueprints is provided free for everyone. All of these Blueprints come as individual .page files, which you can store in a folder on your computer and import into a project to use as the starting point for a page. This handout explains the process of importing a .page file Blueprint into your project.

Below are two videos which explain the process of importing Blueprints in more detail.

This video is about using the Template button on the Home Ribbon to swap out an existing page for a Blueprint page.

Importing Blueprints: Template [1:24 min]

video

This video is about adding a Blueprint page to your project using Add Page on the Home Ribbon.

Importing Blueprints: Add Page [1:39 min]

video

To download your free Blueprints, click HERE.

Use these navigation buttons to see the next (or previous) post in this series, go back to the Getting Started with Artisan 5 Home page, or to see more on this current topic.

Tagged with →

10 Responses to Importing a Blueprint

1. Yuni says:

Even though I have my view icons vs list, I still can’t see the previews. What am I doing wrong?

2. kdzwillis@gmail.com says:

Are we able to import the downloaded blueprints into Artisan via The Content Manager or is it only when we are creating a project?? I tried to import them to my P2P personal art kit in my Content Manager but having no luck.

• Tameka says:

You cannot bring membership Blueprints into a personal art kit. They need to live in a folder outside of the software and imported directly into the project when you are ready.

3. Pam says:

I’m a bit confused on how to categorize and file the freebie content that is labeled sampler blueprint collection, blueprint sampler, etc. Should I simply move these files into the P2P Blueprint folder or let Artisan import them? Are they just one blueprint or several?

• Tameka says:

Hi Pam. We apologize for the late reply. Please note that there are two types of Blueprints in this post. The ones marked .page file are individual Blueprints that get imported just like our regular monthly Blueprints. They should go into your Blueprint Folder and import them.

The next set of Blueprints are marked .pakit. That means that is is an Art Kit available in the FOREVER Store. You must install those in Artisan like you do with all of your other art kits. Once installed and activated, you can change template or add a page from an Art Kit (not from my computer) to add the Blueprint to your project.

Both sets of Blueprints have multiple Blueprint files.

4. Pam says:

I usually work in C>Users>pam not in C>Users>Public. Before I watched these videos, I was unzipping content downloads, then letting Artisan import them. After the videos, I started unzipping them then placing them in a P2P Blueprint folder in users>pam>Documents. Then I went looking for where Artisan was stashing the files and found them in Users>Public>Public Documents>Documents.
    ?1: So should I move my current content files into the Public directory myself or import them through Artisan?
    ?2: Should the P2P Blueprint file folder be kept under Public or Pam?
    ?3: When I moved content from my old computer, some of the Artisan and old StoryBook Project files ended up in odd places. I gathered up all that I found and they are in a file folder in my pam>documents. Should I move them where Artisan can find them? If so, where would that be?
    Thank you for helping to organize this computer. It would be great if my life could also be organized;)

• Tameka says:

1. Please see my prior reply about the Blueprint types. Kits and individual Blueprints are saved in different places.

2. It is your personal preference if you save them under Public or Pam. If you are the only one who uses your computer, it doesn’t really matter as long as you are consistent. The Public option comes in to play when you have multiple users logging in on your computer and you want to want to give them access to those files without logging in as you. You would then make them public. If you don’t want your files used by other users on your computer, you put them in Pam.

3. All of your digital art should be in one location (but can have multiple library folders). You don’t need to move them for Artisan to know where they are, you just need to link the library folder to artisan. These offerings will help with putting your digital art kits in one central location. If you are new to this, all of your kits should be in commercial art kits. Most people have their content in Users>[user name]> Documents.

And here is a link to the entire Content Manager Topic that we encourage you to go through when you have time.

5. yuridan says:

I can’t open Blueprints: July 2019. My Artisan is 4 do I have to use Artisan 5?