JG_BlogHeader

It’s been a big journey that started way back when my oldest was a pre-schooler. I have some news of my own to share – but I’ll get to that soon. My last minute decision to attend a Creative Memories Class that sparked my love of scrapbooking started this journey. How I loved creating pages with paper, photos and journaling to tell our stories. Just 6 months after that Class I signed up as a Consultant and loved sharing everything I loved about memory keeping, including all the new cool stuff each month. I threw myself into making displays, boards and boards of layouts and cool ways to use the tools, papers and supplies. I still have a few ideas albums that were just for workshops and weekend retreats.

Then digital arrived! I jumped in with both feet, loving everything about it. The options are endless, and there’s no mess to clean up! However, I do have to say, I still love playing with paper to this day and am very good at making a huge mess, but I’m more into card making and paper craft now than traditional scrapbooking. Digital just makes sense in this day and age of smartphones and digital cameras.

Posting pages on the CM Go Digi Facebook group, waking up the next morning to see all the likes and comments, writing instructions to share on just how I achieved the look I’d created – I loved it all. It’s the frustrated teacher in me. I always wanted to be a school teacher, but deferred from Teacher’s College, took a gap year, got a job, started earning money, and never ended up going to college – so this scrapbooking thing and then digi scrapping and the digital age was right up my alley. Sharing ideas, helping people learn how to create pages, tell their story, use the wonderful tools of what is now called Artisan – it is so satisfying.

We have all written about how p2P started, so I won’t go over that again. It goes without saying the wonderful journey we have all had with the amazing women I have been happy to call not only my work colleagues but also my friends. All of the p2P team, both past and present have a connection that will never be broken. I am in awe of what we have achieved. We started a company – HUGE! We ran that company for 6+ years together – HUGE! We created a place where people loved to come and learn and they became our “peeps”, our “fans” and our extended family! Without all of you it wouldn’t have been possible! How amazing that 12 women, from all over the USA, Canada & Australia did all of this! We have had a few changes in our team, but nothing could have been achieved without each and every one of us – we have all had something to contribute, something to share, something to teach and something so special that makes p2P what it is. Fast track to recent times and we achieved something that not many small companies can. We not only ran our business for 6+ years successfully keeping it afloat with expenses of running a business, we managed to make a name for ourselves, and have been successfully acquired by Forever. That is amazing! I am so happy for our company to have achieved something so wonderful. Sadly though we are saying goodbye to Kerrianne, Justine & Penny. It’s a strange feeling knowing that going forward we are not quite the same, but I do know that these girls have left a legacy and big shoes to fill. I know that the p2P team will continue to strive towards a fabulous teaching site providing inspiration and loads of wonderful tips, techniques and everything that makes p2P what it is.

Which brings me to my news. Over the years I have contributed many things to p2P. Crops, Challenges, Videos (which I said at the very beginning I was never going to do!!!), Blueprints, Pixie Dust, Store Products, Blogs and more, the list is long. I have learnt soooooo much along the way and I have taught so much too which is so satisfying. To see pages posted on Facebook using things I have designed or taught and people posting their covers of completed books with something I’ve designed on the front makes me so happy to think I have had a hand in someone else’s journey of memory keeping.

Things are changing though. With the acquisition of p2P by Forever I now have a new job!!! One that I am so excited about and a teeny bit nervous about too. I am now a Designer at Forever! It feels strange to actually say and type that word. A Designer!!! I am so excited that Forever thought I would be the right person for that job. I am actually working on kits that will be heading into the Forever Store! It’s a bit of a dream come true really. With my new position though, I won’t be a part of the p2P team like I used to be. I am saying good-bye to so many of the roles I used to do and I will no longer be involved in training. There is one aspect of my new job that I am not letting go of though, and that’s the Day2Day Project. I think just about everyone knows my love of all things Day2Day and I am really excited that I will be continuing to look after the Themes, Pixie Dust and Day2Day offerings that is part of p2P.

As Justine wrote just a few days ago, this is one of the hardest blogs I’ve ever written. I kept putting off writing these words in my last Blog for p2P, it’s so hard to express sometimes the meaning of being part of p2P. All I can say is, my glasses are fogging up, my eyes are leaking, and I’m just typing how I talk which if you’ve read my blogs in the past you know that’s how I write. Even though English was one of my best subjects as school, I am not the best writer. I love extra exclamation marks and dashes.

So I’m signing off now, for the last time as a p2P team member. But I’ll still be around, watching out for Day2Day pages, eagerly watching out for new techniques and tips that the p2P team will still be offering each week.

Thanks everyone for a wonderful ride!!!!!  — Love you all —

Blog_PastPresentFuture_JG

JG_BlogSignature

Tagged with →

25 Responses to Blog: Past Present & Future

1. sistersunshine says:

Dear Janice, Peace & joy. I just have to say that I missed this post when it was posted and now know that I love your clean lines in your new designer templates… I look forward to seeing more of them in the upcoming years. *U* Kathleen

• Janice says:

Thank you so much Kathleen. It means a lot that you’ve taken the time to go back and read posts, and make a comment on this one. So glad you like the new Design Maps format that I’m working on with Forever. It’s a big change not being a p2P team member, but I’m loving this new direction life is taking me! I’m finally getting used to saying that I work as a Designer!

2. Kerrianne says:

It’s been quite a ride Janice! Even though we are parting ways with p2P, I know our friendship will last a long time! I am so proud of you in your new role as a Designer! Wear that title PROUD!!! xx

3. Kaye Rhodes says:

Janice, your videos have always been so helpful and inspiring! I’m really going to miss you.
    Wishing you all the best!

• Janice says:

Thank you Kaye. Videos were something I was never going to do, but strangely, after 6 years, I have a great satisfaction knowing that I managed to go from the very beginning of an idea, nutting out the pages, recording, editing and loading them up to the website. I’m so pleased you liked them!

4. Glenna says:

You will be missed but I look forward to acquiring your designs. Good luck. I too like the Day2Day and continue to do a book every year. Thank you for your support, guidance, training and assistance with P2P.

5. Liz Propst says:

….and Janice you taught me so many things Australian. Like have a cuppa and all about passion fruit, I think it was, and vegimite too. I’ve never really kept up with Day2Day…..but you never know. No !! but lots of ….. in my post. Thanks for all you have shared.

• Janice says:

Oh yes – passionfruit!!! Love that fruit, and the burst of flavour – divine!!! Liz, you share the same love of the beach as me! One day, maybe we’ll get to walk the same beach at the same time … you never know!

6. Linda DeLaughter says:

All of us have “leaking eyes” today! Even though you are transitioning to Forever as a designer, we will always have you as a p2P member FIRST! We hope that we will see your signature designs in the future on the Forever website and that we will still be able to grace our digi-pages with your work! Much love to you and your family, and I hope that I will be able to meet you at one of the upcoming Forever Live! events!!!

• Janice says:

Thanks so much Linda – yes, I will always be a p2P girl and fan. So much of what I am now is because of p2P and the wonderful team. I was so lucky to be one of the founding partners! I’m so excited about the kits I am working on now and future projects that I have planned … and my dream of getting to at least one of the Forever events in person!

7. Ruth Bell says:

Janice, I remember you from way back when I was just getting my feet wet with digital. I learned so much from you. Many on my birthday cards are made with the technique that you showed us about cutting out numbers. You used it for 2012, I believe. As I don’t do Day2Day, I will miss you more than those that will still be with you in that endeavour. Congratulations.

• Janice says:

The 2012 video was one of my favourite all time favourite techniques and still is! Thank you so much for your lovely thoughts, there are so many things I have been able to do over the 6 years that apply to all forms of memory keeping and projects. I really am lucky to have been part of it all.

8. Carol says:

Janice, I’m so happy for you in this next chapter of the digital age. We will all miss you for sure. Loved and will miss all your designs whether a blueprint, a video showing us how to create that special page and your challenges. Enjoy this next chapter.

9. Sandy says:

Janice, first of all congratulations on being able to turn one of your loves into something that benefits everyone. I have always loved your contributions to the d2D projects, the way you would show us how to use them and the encouragement you gave all us us through the process. I can’t wait to see what you have in store for us. I am not one who does well with too much change at one time but I understand the need for it (sometimes). I’m looking forward to your gentle nudges to keep things moving forward, especially since we are 1/3 of the way through 2016. Best of luck to you in your new position.

• Janice says:

Thanks so much for you wonderful words Sandy. It’s a big change, but I know that p2P will continue to do wonderful things, and I’m very excited about my new opportunity! I will definitely still be around for Day2Day and working on new goodies for all the Day2Day peeps! 🙂

10. Jan says:

What Anne said! So happy that you are part of the Forever team, too, Janice, and getting to do your ‘very favorite things’ (as Anne would say). It’s a transition for all of us – Pixies, Peeps, and our new Forever family – and I am sure great new things are coming for everyone. Many thanks for posting your fantastic digital pages on the CMGD page seven and eight years ago and for being such a contribution to the p2P team. xx

• Janice says:

I remember that first inbox message from you way back in the CM Go Digi days. If you could have seen my face as I was reading and realising I had a message from THE Jan McCallum!!!! I used to wait so eagerly for the next webinar when I would hear your voice teaching me so many new cool things. And then .. I got to actually meet you, become friends, start a business and be so inspired by your vision! Love you Jan!

11. Deanna says:

Love you too, Janice. So glad you will still be involved in Day2Day. Congrats on the new position!

12. Anne says:

Oh shoot – my eyes are leaking too. That’s my very favorite photo of you. We have so many things in common Janice – our love of collecting things stands out, and we both love lots of !!!!!. I know we are sisters under the skin! I loved working with you on our digital crops – you were always so patient and FULL of great ideas. Thrilled that you’ll be with us in the Forever family! Love you back.

• Janice says:

We do Anne! I love that we can just pop into messenger and have a chat about all sorts of things and that we are on the same page! Thanks so much for all the hard work and understanding when it came to our crop tasks. Love working with you!