Happy Talk with Jan McCallum - how digital scrapbooking works in my life at pixels2Pages.net

I had quite a memorable day yesterday!  Not only was it my 36th wedding anniversary, it was the day I gave my first ever television interview.  The interview was not scheduled until Monday afternoon, so I didn’t have time to get nervous about it – especially since I had a good bit of house cleaning to do.  I had  just arrived home Sunday night after being away since Thursday for the Forever Retreat in Bloomington, MN, so I had spent most of the day Monday playing catch up – replying to emails, taking care of membership issues, and answering questions about our first ever 10% off annual membership sale – nothing like hearing TV cameras are coming to make you tidy up!  Thankfully, Crockett was still at his home away from home due to a miscommunication, so I didn’t have to worry about him stealing the show.

I had no idea what to expect – huge cameras, a big crew, hair and makeup?   Umm, no.  An attractive young woman, Kaitlin McCulley, knocked on my door promptly at noon.  She carried a big tripod with a small camera mounted on it, and she was alone.  She was the producer, the interviewer, the cameraman, the reporter, the driver, the sound person, and the editor.  Color me impressed!  She was so personable and nice – just like she appears on camera – and she made me feel completely at ease.  Truly, it was easy to forget there was a camera and just talk to her like she was a friend visiting me.  To top it off, she never rushed me or acted impatient, even though I talked a lot and she knew she had a looming deadline.  Somehow, even though she left my house at 1:30 and had an hour drive (or more) back to Houston, there I was, watching my spot at 4:45 yesterday afternoon!  That is some kind of talent!!

In case you haven’t seen it yet, HERE is my moment in the spotlight – video and all!  Feel free to share it, especially with your non-scrapping friends.  Share the digi love!

Soon after Kaitlin left, Crockett came home and we had a joyful reunion.  Then Rex came home to fetch me and take me out to our favorite fancy place on the Island, Rudy and Paco. In Galveston, ‘fancy’ means ‘no shorts’, but R&P is truly delicious dining! Somehow (thanks to Rex’s awesome assistant, Debbie) they knew it was our anniversary, so we got lots of special treatment and a scrumptious dessert.

It was a sweet end to a fabulous day!  Here’s to many more years of marriage and of pixels2Pages!  And back to life out of the spotlight…

Happy Talk Red Letter Day_Jan

Content Used: Garden of Life Letting Go Art Journal Kit and Nature’s Garden Element Pak by Cottage Arts  Font: KG When Oceans Rise  #p2PFourthofJulyBP

Tagged with →

23 Responses to Blog: A Red Letter Day

1. Karen says:

It’s too hot today to be out and about so its a perfect afternoon to get caught up in all thing p2P as I am two weeks behind. Belated Happy Anniversary and congratulations on your first interview. I believe I might have missed a birthday celebration in here to so “Happy Belated Birthday”.

2. Kristeen says:

Great interview! Thanks for all you do and happy anniversary!

3. Pat says:

Congratulations Jan!! Thanks for sharing. Your interview was awesome! Thanks for all you do.

4. Laurie Crawford says:

Happy anniversary. Great blog and page. Haven’t watched the interview but will be soon.

5. patsy says:

When I joined Creative Memories in 1992 I never in my wildest dreams thought I would see this day. You are amazing and I’m thankful every day for leaders like you and inspiration to keep telling my life stories. I know this interview inspired others to tell their stories. I’m very proud to call you my leader. Thank you so much.

My uncle who kept an album of his adult life and WWII experiences needed an album of his entire life to celebrate his 90th birthday. I took my grandmothers photos of his early life and added his photos to a Creative Memories traditional album. That was before Digital. So a few years ago as he celebrated his 100th birthday reporters from TV and newspapers interviewed him and showed photos of his album while he told stories about the photos—stories I had never heard. When he died this album came to me. I’m sure it will bless future generations as well as my family in the now. Keep on telling your story. I know you will.

• Jan says:

Wow, Patsy! What a great story about your uncle and his life. So glad you got to hear even more of his stories. And thank you for your kind acknowledgement!

6. jolleyontheroad jolleyontheroad says:

So proud of you and the Pixies and all your hard work that has put you on the top!! Excited for what the future holds!! And congrats on both the spotlight and the anniversary!!

7. Mary says:

Great story and page. You’re the best. Happy Anniversary!

8. Kathy Baids says:

Jan, Happy Anniversary and Congrats on a great interview! You’ve even scrapped a page about it already! You are an amazing person and so inspiring!!

9. Billie J says:

Congratulations on your anniversary and a great interview. Life is interesting….how it takes us in unexpected directions.

10. Linda DeLaughter says:

I am simply amazed that, after everything going on in your life on Tuesday, you had enough time to create this stunning page! YOU, my friend, are the awesome sauce and I want to emulate you (even on a smaller scale)! Love you bunches, and congratulations on these remarkable milestones of life — choosing a wonderful hubby like Rex, and starting that new “career”! I can speak for many of us that we are VERY glad that p2P was born!

• Jan says:

Haha – well, I didn’t quite get it done on time, but thanks!! I appreciate you and your sweet husband, too, Linda – so glad to have gotten to know you over these past few years! Thanks!

11. Caroline says:

Very cool! Congratulations on both scores!

12. carolyn says:

The page, the interview, and the blog are all awesome. Way to promote p2P, too!!