The globe is pixels2Pages signature video, and it was time for an update! Making a photo globe is much easier than you’d think, and creates a striking page for any album project. Watch this video to learn how to create a photo globe using a grid of photos, tracking lines and the spherize tool.

Going Global with Artisan 5 [10:25 mins]

For more information about some of the topics covered in this video:

Here are lots of examples and variations on the globe to give you some ideas.

25 Responses to Start2Finish: Going Global with Artisan 5

1. Karen Pritchard says:

Hi Shelley, could you use the grid cutter to get the right number of photo frames and then convert back to photo drop points.?

2. Linda Warren says:

Hi Shelly, I love the global however, I really need the notes. I am new to all of this and want to learn everything but I find the video goes too fast and I have to continually rewind. Hope you can help me with this. Love everything about Artisan 5 and all of your help.

3. Ann Marie says:

I just had an opportunity to read the latest edition of Pages and my mouth dropped open when I saw my globe featured on page 47. I am honored! You Pixies are the best and I love this globe. I have been a member of P2P since its inception (I created a globe page the very first time you introduced it too.) I learn something new every time I log on. Thank you to all you wonderful Pixies.

4. Heather says:

Wow! I love it. I’ve made several globes in the past and they are always fun and amazing. I particularly like the way you made the border around the page at the end. Thanks again, Shelley!

5. ks_snowangel says:

Loved revisiting this technique … AND how much easier so MANY things are with Artisan 5!! I have a question about the optimize button pictured in the video which seems to be missing on my Home ribbon. I think I’ve missed something important …

• Shelley says:

The optimize button should be there. It’s the last button on the home ribbon, on the far right. If you really can’t find it, send a screenshot to info@pixels2pages.net and I’ll see if I can see what the problem is.

• ks_snowangel says:

Hi, Shelley – Wonder if you received the screenshot I sent to the address you gave me on July 11th … I welcome your ideas!!

• Shelley says:

I did receive it. Sorry for the delay in responding. I’m hoping that reinstalling Artisan will fix your issue. I think you may still be using an earlier version. Download the very recent update and install that & if it still isn’t there, you’ll need to contact support@forever.com and get their technical people to have a look. You’ll find the update link here.

• ks_snowangel says:

Thanks so MUCH, Shelley! I downloaded an update (even though the software indicated mine was up-to-date) … and that FIXED it!! So thankful for your help!

• Shelley says:

Yay! Glad that worked. Sounds like you still had the original version of Artisan 5, so you’ll find a lot of other improvements in the latest version too.

6. Linda DeLaughter says:

Thanks for this great update, Shelley! It actually seems easier with A5!

7. Lori Morris says:

Thanks Shelley for that updated version of the Globe. Love it.

8. Patricia Lewis says:

Thankyou. An oldie but a goodie. Love to have notes on this. I remember there were a set of notes with the original. Is there many changes to them. Regards Patricia