Yes, indeed, it’s almost the end of another year. We are officially entering the “silly season”, when tinsel appears everywhere, Jingle Bells plays at least 17 times a day in every mall and children suddenly start being nice. Every year seems to hurtle past at terrifying speed, accelerating as we get older. Can it be possible that another year has almost flown by already?

In the craziness of life, it is so important to treasure and remember the little things, the everyday moments that make life what it is. One way I have chosen to do that this year is with my Day2Day project. To be completely honest, I have started several Day2Day projects before, but tended to fizzle out after a while. I’ve not made it to the end of one year – till now! This year I decided to take the pressure right off, and just take photos that say something – anything – about my life – what I’m doing, what I’m looking at, where I am, things I notice around me. Some of the photos are pretty good (if I say so myself), some are pretty ordinary, but they tell a story. Some days I forget to take a photo at all, yesterday I took 161 photos and I have to choose just one. Sometimes I “cheat” and use a spare photo on the days I forgot. Once I missed a whole week, so I made a page for that week all about one event. Sometimes I don’t leave my house for days at a time, and life seems unexciting, but there’s always something to take a photo of. Most of the photos were taken with my phone, and I have an app that reminds me every day to take a photo in case I forget. I am a bit behind on making the pages, but catching up fast. I am so close to making the year I will not let this one drop.

I am so looking forward to getting my book printed. Scrolling back through the pages brings back so many memories – fun times, travel, family, friends, food, the weather, where I live, everyday things, special things – life with all its twists and turns.

I am already excited about next year’s Day2Day album. and I’m especially excited because next year I will have no excuses for getting behind, because Forever have just released the PERFECT kit for a Day2Day project. It not only has seven photos on each page, it already has the months and days labelled so I literally just have to pop my photos in and the page is done! Of course it is all customisable, and you can add any digital content you like, but for me this album is all about the photos & stories, and I think I will stick with plain white backgrounds.  The new kit is called 2017 Day2Day 1st half pre-designed book, and it comes in 12×12 and 11×8.5. The Pre-designed book is based on Forever’s Design Maps 9 which features the same layouts. I’m not a lazy scrapbooker – I love to tweak and ponder over my pages, but even more than that I love to finish projects and get them ordered and printed, and these kits are going to enable me to achieve that goal for my Day2Day album in record time.

Below is a page I just created using the Design Maps 9 Kit. You can see my whole album (so far) on our p2P Facebook page. You don’t have to have a Facebook account to view these images, but I encourage you to sign up if you haven’t already, and join our community there.

C

And here’s a sneak peek at the 2017 Day2Day 1st half pre-designed book It’s going to be such fun to fill with photos!

forever-day2day-pre-designed-book

So how about it? Who is going to join me in a Da2Day project in 2017?

C

23 Responses to Blog: December already? It can’t be!!

1. Sandy says:

I had great intentions for 2016 and got 2/3 of the way through the project. Then life settled in and I let it go. I thought about just going out and taking photos of stuff just to complete pages but didn’t think I would truly appreciate the purpose behind the project. Reading this blog and taking a peek at the 2017 project pages is my motivator get get back on this. I am looking forward to playing again next year, even if I may need a couple gentle nudges along the way.

2. Janice says:

Thank you so much for writing about Day2Day and how you have approached it. It will help so many, and you are right – Day2Day is exactly what you want it to be. There are no rules! I’ve loved seeing your pages this year and all of your wonderful photos and stories. I hope the new Pre-Designed Book will help everyone complete their project, whether they use the book as is, change it up to suit, use the Design Maps & the 2017 Day2Day Kit or whatever path they take – the Day2Day project is a pretty special one!

3. Linda Ammons says:

I wanted to do this quite awhile back….but at the time, I was taking pictures just to get it done and it felt like a job, so I was like….nah…too hard. It wasn’t til I saw someone do it differently that I thought, ooh…I like THAT. I was thinking too small at the time. The D2D I saw, included news, Facebook posts, funny signs, strangers, buildings etc….So yeah, I’m going to do it with you. Should be fun this time around. 🙂

4. Ravenport says:

Wow! This is fantastic! I haven’t done a D2D project for awhile so maybe this is the inspiration I need to get it done. Thanks.

5. Deanna says:

Love your D2D philosophy, Shelley. That’s the way I approach D2D too! I was debating about doing a D2D project next year as I haven’t exactly been anywhere interesting lately (pretty much stuck around home until certain things take place). But D2D is like that. And I have learned that, sometimes, what appears mundane to me may be an interesting story to share with or encourage somebody else. So, if I do D2D next year, it will be my 3rd D2D project. The pre-designed book looks interesting. I love Janice’s Design Maps!

6. Anna Broome says:

On my resolution list for 2017 to finally make one of these! Thanks for the nudge Shelley!

7. junegauntley says:

I will be joining – the predesigned book looks fabulous – and 2017 will be my 6th year of D2D project!

8. Jan says:

I may even try this year….you and Janice have inspired me!

9. Karen Jones says:

FYI your link goes to the 2015 Predesigned book, not the 2017 book.

10. Karen Jones says:

Perfect timing! I did a D2D book in 2014. I just based it on things I saw, experienced or interested me each day. And like you, there were plenty of times I “cheated”. My biggest cheat was to insert grandchildren pictures that live 900 miles away. I figured they were the thing that made the happiest that day. Plus I like looking at how they grew over the year, and their holiday celebrations.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I just decided to do a D2D book for 2017. With a very good camera phone, there is no excuse not to snap up pictures everyday. No more lugging the DSL. But your news about the new pre-designed book put me over the top. It took a long time to set up the pages with dates and months. Eliminating this part (unless I want to make some changes), will make the book more about pictures and creativity than rote typing. I am excited and ready to start!

• Shelley says:

Yay Karen! We’re going to have so much fun. I think putting your grandkids pics in is perfectly appropriate. There’s no rule that says all the photos have to be yours. (In actual fact there are no rules at all 🙂 ). My book has photos I got from friends or family because that’s what I wanted to include that day.