Your project is finished and you’re ready to upload for printing – but not before you do a final check, to make sure you get the best possible printed product. In this video, Alison takes us step by step through the process of proofing a project before uploading to print.

Proof Your Project [10:22 mins]

This handy checklist was created for one of our crops. Print it out and keep it handy as you work through your project before uploading.

Tagged with →

24 Responses to Video Tidbit: Proof your Project

1. fbailey says:

Hi-After uploading an album I have often had error messages. In order to fix the error is there a way to do so without exiting, going back to the album and then having to redo the upload again? If so I haven’t figured out how to do that after all these years.

• Jan says:

Nope, that’s the process. I keep a notepad handy and jot down the page number and error type so that I can close the preview, make the corrections, and then upload again. Even then, I often find something else I missed!

2. fbailey says:

Hi-I noticed something that I have on my checklist that you did not include. I always check my elements panel to see if I have an faint eye because I often hide an element when trying to make a decision about placement of embellishments or whatever. I assume that the element with the dim eye would still print even though I have hidden it. Perhaps I am wrong and/or the program picks this up and gives a warning before we send it on.

• Alison says:

Hi Faith! Elements that have been hidden using the eye symbol will not appear on the printed page. It is a good idea to check the elements panel and get rid of unwanted elements, since they take up memory, but it is OK to leave them there, they will not be printed.

3. Donna Pullan says:

These video is great! I learned a couple of things and now I’m confident that my books will have fewer errors. Checklist is very helpful too. ☺

D☺NNA

4. Joy says:

Thank you Alison. Great timing as I am checking an 84-page scrapbook right now. Realizing that I need to make it into two books. Have missed the important journal step on several pages. So many great tips you offered. Printed the handout!

5. Jeannie says:

Most valuable video tidbit so far for me. I was really struggling with seeing the text for proofing. I hadn’t had that problem in previous versions, have not yet watched the A5 training videos or figured out my own solution but now know how to enlarge it. Duh. Thanks very much!

6. Kathy Lanham says:

Great job Allison. Super useful handout as well! I always miss something!4

7. Hi Alison, great video. Very informative and I learned a few new tricks.
    Regards, Janine

8. Jenny says:

It was interesting to note that your dad does geocaching. Maybe he’s heading to Alice Springs this Easter! Great video and good tips. 🙂

9. NoniS says:

Fantastic video, Alison. That little gem at 3’12” (ish) – fabulous! Thanks so much 😀

10. Sandy says:

Thank you so much for all these wonderful proofing tips. I love the worksheet and will most likely print it out and laminate it. That way I can use it over and over for my projects.

11. Wanda Brown says:

Thanks so much Alison; even with all the projects I have made I learned lots from this video!! Highly recommended!

12. Sandy Stoodt says:

I have trouble keeping the pages in the right order. They seem to move around and get out of order. Is there something I am doing? I don’t make the pages in order.

• Alison says:

The pages shouldn’t be moving around in a project by themselves, Sandy! You can manually change the order of the pages in the elements panel by clicking on a page and dragging it to the position you want it in, then letting go of the mouse button. If you are looking at the pages in the Windows folder where your project is saved, you’ll probably see them all over the place because of the way Artisan indexes and names pages, but when you open the project itself in Artisan, you should see all the pages in the order you last had them.