By now you have no doubt noticed our new improved Getting Started with Artisan 5 course. Artisan 5 is such a wonderful, full-featured program and we absolutely love it. It is not a difficult program to use, but there is a learning curve with any software, and especially one with such power and flexibility. For a long time we have had some free beginner training on pixels2Pages.net but this year we decided to dramatically renew, upgrade and expand our free offerings. Our goal is to get every single person confident enough with Artisan to be able to use it to capture your memories, celebrate your photos, and create beautiful keepsake albums, wall art, gifts and more for yourself.
Helping people get comfortable with Artisan 5 is a bit of a passion of mine, and I want to make sure you know how to find what you need to get you up-skilled as quickly as you can. So instead of my usual blog I thought I’d take you on a bit of a guided tour to help you find exactly what you need. Read on …
Click on Get Started in the mango-coloured menu bar. From there you have a number of options.
- Getting Started with Artisan 5 HOME will take you to the main starting point for Getting Started with Artisan 5.
- Click one of the “About” links to go straight to lessons about Projects, Blueprints, Photos, Digital Content or Text.
- Bonus Pixie Power Minutes are very short (1-2 minutes, usually) videos created initially for pixels2Pages members but we think they cover topics that all users need to know about, so we decided to open them up to non-members.
- Getting Started with Artisan 5 Blueprints – Two sample Blueprint collections to get you started.
- Getting Started with Artisan 5 Bright Ideas – step-by-step guides to completed pages.
When you reach the Getting Started with Artisan 5 Home Page you will find:
AN OVERVIEW OF THE GETTING STARTED WITH ARTISAN 5 COURSE
A LINK TO A DOWNLOADABLE, PRINTABLE E-BOOK
BUTTONS TO JUMP STRAIGHT TO PARTICULAR TOPICS OF INTEREST
We recommend you follow the course in order, starting at the beginning with Projects and working systematically through all the lessons using the Next Post arrows. If you prefer to jump straight to a particular topic, you’ll find buttons for each of the 8 main sections of the course.
A LINK TO A NEW PAGE WITH ALL THE LESSONS. CLICK ON ANY IMAGE OR TITLE TO JUMP STRAIGHT TO THAT LESSON
At the end of each lesson you will find some more navigational aids:
- The Home Button takes you back to the Getting Started with Artisan 5 home page.
- The next and previous arrows will link to the lessons that come before and after the one you are viewing. You don’t have to watch the lessons in order, but if you are a beginner we think that will be helpful for you.
- A button to link to all the lessons in the current topic you are viewing (in this example Text).
- Links to website tags, indicated by TAGGED WITH →. The links appear at the end of every post on pixels2Pages.net, and will link you to other posts on the same topic. If you are a p2P member, these links will usually also include member-only offerings.