Let me start out by telling you a few things about me:

• I am not flashy.
  • I am not sporty.
  • I am cost conscious.
  • I have a license.
  • I don’t drive.
  • I don’t like to drive.
  • I live in New York City with convenient, extensive, easy and affordable public transportation.
  • I work from home.

That’s about all you need to know about me to appreciate this blog.  With all of that being said about me, and all of it being 100% true… LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY BRAND NEW CAR!

On the morning of May 2, 2017, I flew home from Charlotte after a wonderful p2P LIVE Event in Asheville.  I had called my son while in transit from the airport to home so that he can be waiting outside to help me with my luggage.  As I was paying the taxi, my husband called and was talking to me on the phone.   I was fumbling with my purse while my son took my bags out of the trunk and carried them to the porch.  A brand new Lexus was sitting in the driveway.  At the time I saw it, I had no idea it was a Lexus and didn’t know exactly how new it was.  I just knew it looked really new and pricey, and my son was standing too close to it.  I was trying to talk to my husband on the phone while yelling at my son to get away from our neighbor’s car.  Little did I know, this car did not belong to a neighbor.  After much confusion, my husband explained that the car was, in fact, all mine.  He said it was an early birthday present.

Fast forward a bit.   I love my new car.  I would have never purchased this car for myself.  I surely would have purchased a used car.  That being said, I am very appreciative that my husband went out of his way to get me such a lavish birthday gift.   He has clearly realized he is married to a Queen. 😉

Every great car needs a name.  I decided to call my sweet ride Tisha Lee.  I went to sleep the night I received the car and the name Tisha Lee kept coming to mind.  I don’t know why, but I thought it would be a cool name for a car.  It also honored the legacy of my three deceased grandparents – Tisha Mae Andrews, Dora Lee Lucky and Eddie Lee Lucky.   I know the three of them will keep me safe.

Created using the Modern Kitchen Digital Kit by StoryBook Legacy.  Fonts: Honey Script, A Hundred Miles

15 Responses to Blog: Introducing The Tisha Lee!!! Wowee!!!

1. Terry Vachowski says:

<3 He is a keeper!

2. Phyllis says:

Wow – that is awesome! I’ll be happy to give you my hubby’s phone # so your hubby can call him with any BD ideas!!! Congratulations and Happy Happy Birthday!

3. CorinnePitt says:

I’ve googled and looked everywhere to find the Modern Kitchen Digital Kit by StoryBook Legacy. Is it still available, if so , where? Thank you.

4. carolyn says:

Oh you got me Meka! I was just catching up on my p2P posts. I used the arrow keys on top and flipped from Shelley’s S2F, to the next post. This post listed new digital content, so somehow, I got it in my head Tisha Lee was a new designer. Then I thought no Tisha Lee is in the Blog (I initially read too fast). So I thought Tisha Lee was going to be a new Pixie. You can image how I laughed when I figured out Tisha Lee is a car! Enjoy!

5. Cheryl Hobbs says:

How fun!!! Can’t wait to hear stories about Tisha Lee!

6. Lois Berry says:

Sweet Ride! Hope you take a road trip somewhere this summer so you can enjoy its luxury.
    Your husband obviously loves you very much

7. Jan B says:

Wow – you are special. Now we want to hear about you driving that car. Congratulations on the arrival of Tisha Lee.

8. Bridget says:

What a great story and perfect name. Love on your Tisha Lee…she is pretty magnificent!!! And I am sure you deserve it! We all agree with your hubby…it is worthy of a queen. 🙂

9. Karen says:

Wow! That’s awesome!

10. Liz Propst says:

So fun Tameka!!

11. It’s a beautiful car with a lovely name! Congratulations and Happy Birthday!…. Carol

12. Linda DeLaughter says:

She is absolutely perfect — The Tisha Lee! Hope you can find a great place to “hide” her in NYC so she stays out of trouble!

13. Kaye Rhodes says:

Congratulations! Hope you and Tisha Lee have a long and happy friendship!