This video will show you how to save a single page layout as a JPEG for sharing via email or social media.

Saving a Single Page For Sharing [1:53 mins]

Tagged with →

14 Responses to Saving a Single Page for Sharing

1. jfleeman@sbcglobal.net says:

I would like to save my entire project as jpegs and add to historian. Will I have to do this page by page. Would I change the resolution.

2. Barbara Layton says:

Is this available in print format?

3. Billie J says:

Tameka
    Thank you for this great information. Is there a way to save a single photo as 72 dpi for emailing? I don’t think it can be done in Artisan, but I thought maybe in Historian.

• Shelley says:

You can do that in both Artisan and Historian. In Artisan, select the image, right-click and choose Save Selection > Export to image file. Then you will be able to choose the resolution you want to save it. Check THIS TIP for detailed instructions on sharing images from Historian.

• Billie J says:

I tried saving a photo in Historian and it would not let me change the dpi. When I right click, I get Save as, not Save Selection. So I click Save As, then Export to Image File, then I get that screen that lets me change the quality…good, better, best. But no dpi option.
        I was able to change the dpi in Artisan, but I had to add the photo to a page first. That’s cumbersome.
        What am I doing wrong in both cases?

• Tameka says:

In Historian, you will right click the photo, go to Share> File. On the menu that pops up, you will want to select “Show me advanced options”. You will then have the opportunity to change the size of the photo to a custom size.

Note: 72dpi is the dots per inch. So if you have a 6 inch photo, your custom pixel size will be 432 pixels (72dpi x 6 inches). Likewise, a 12×12 page at 72 dpi is 864×864.

• Billie J says:

Thank you Tameka. It works! I always wondered about the relationship between pixels and the dpi.

4. Jan says:

Great information. Thanks for sharing. I’m sure you’ve caught it by now but in case you haven’t, your spelling error was you needed a space after the & sign.

5. Ann Marie says:

Thanks Tameka! Always pick up something new even when I think I knew it all. LOL

When sharing pages is there a benefit to choosing jpeg over pdf when saving the snip as far as file size is concerned and email limitations?

• Shelley says:

There’s no difference in the file size between a jpeg and a pdf of the same resolution. If you want to share images on social media you’d need a jpeg. Also it’s easier to scroll through a collection of jpegs – if each image was a pdf, you’d have to have each one opened in a separate file.