Read all about it! Digital scrapbooking news at pixels2Pages.net

Today is a bittersweet day for me, as my impending retirement is being announced at Forever LIVE.  It’s been an incredible ride, full of ups, downs, and unexpected twists and turns, but it’s always been a fun one!  And now it’s time for me to hop off of this ride and onto a new one.

If you read my blogs and peruse my album pages, you know that I have two dear grandchildren who are quite far away from me in North Carolina, but you may not know that I have a new granddaughter on the way, and she’ll be just ‘down the road’ (well, still four hours away, but hey, that’s close in Texas!).  You know that I love to travel (Sassy Sister trip coming up soon!) and you know that I have a slightly crazy dog and a pretty wonderful husband who’d love to see what I look like without a computer monitor in front of me.  And you know that I am not getting any younger, despite not feeling ‘grown up’ just yet!

Anyway, my heart told me it was time, and I’m not into delayed gratification.  Or delayed anything!  Once I made up my mind, I knew I needed to act.  Just call me impulsive, or call it the seven and a half year itch….but color me happy, proud, and feeling like my baby is in the BEST hands!

And never fear, I won’t be too far away.  My last day at pixels2Pages will be 17 August 2017, and I’m leaving on vacation the next day.  I’ll be participating in some Forever Retreats, p2P LIVE events, and Forever LIVE, and if you don’t see me posting any completed pages on the p2P Facebook page you need to hound me until I do!  I am WAY behind!  I have the next crop on my calendar (September 29 – October 1) and I will see you there.

As far as pixels2Pages goes – ever onward!  You know the p2P team has got this!  Thanks so much to you and your support of my dream – it would never have become a reality without you.

See you in cyberspace!

Jan

PS.  I know they know this, but I want to publicly thank Anne, Mary, Shelley, Tameka, Kim, Alison, Kerrianne, Janice, Justine, Jenny, Jeannine, Carolyn, Penny, and Marilyn for taking a HUGE leap of faith with me.  It’s been absolutely one of the best experiences of my life, and I’ll never forget the good times we’ve had. Love you to the moon and back!  Or as G9 would say, LYMI!!  Once a Pixie, always a Pixie!

56 Responses to News: Bring on the gold wand!

1. Susan Lukachie says:

Well Jan . . . I am sitting here catching up on some older posts and you have me in tears AGAIN! I know that you will still be “around” and you know that I love the other Pixies, but it definitely feels like a BIG hole in P2P and my heart. It is good that you are doing what you need to do for you and none of us can blame you for wanting to spend more time with those babies (and the big one you live with). Enjoy your life and we will continue to be in touch.
    Love ya bunches,
    Susan Lukachie

2. Cheryl says:

Jan, I’m sorry I didn’t get a chance to wish you the best in your new adventures at Forever Live but you were very busy as usual helping everyone. I will be forever thankful for you and Dawn Oldham in the beginning days of StoryBook Creator. You really embraced the software and were instrumental in helping all of us realize the potential. In the beginning it didn’t do almost anything compared to now but we still needed your help and guidance. Your motivation to tell our stories has been powerful. You have blessed more lives than you realize. Your passion has been passed on through us to our own clients. To every time there is a season…. and I know this is your season to spend more time with your family and maybe even more time on your own books (you know what they say about the cobbler). I wish you many blessings and adventures full of love as you leave full time plus employment and journey on a new path where your heart is leading you. Forever Grateful for you.

3. Judith McLeod says:

Well, Jan, we have never met, but you have helped me out several times by e-mail. You always answered so quickly with replies that set me straight! It is wonderful to be retired – I retired 10 years ago, and now I don’t know how I had time to work! Enjoy yourself and do things for yourself. Enjoy your family, especially those grandbabies. They grow up so fast! And enjoy your travels. They lead to so much more – and so many interesting scrapbook pages!

4. pamelajb says:

What an amazing journey you have had Jan and we will be forever grateful for your passion and the expertise that you brought to the world of digital scrapbooking. If only you had been a little closer to us here in Australia, but the wonderful web has kept us together. Good on you for knowing when to make time for yourself and family. Particularly time to be able to enjoy those ‘grandies’. It is a special time in ones life and I’m sure you will enjoy every moment. I feel very privileged to have had the opportunity to enjoy lunch with you at Cervantes, on a visit to Western Australia. Thank you for bringing that team of pixies together and creating an amazing website, for its growth and hopefully we will have it ‘Forever’! You should be feeling extremely proud.

• Jan says:

Oh, Pamela – how fun to have gotten to meet you and Cruisin Susan at Cervantes! Jenny was such a super tour guide and it was fantastic to meet so many of her dear friends. I am sure we will be back someday! I am privileged to have a bit of a legacy to pass on to the safekeeping of others. I know they will be up to the task!

5. Kathy Gordon says:

Although retirement must come to all of us (The Lord willing), it’s still a sad time to see you go. You have given so much of your life (from way back in the CM days) to now, and it’a all been so appreciated. As we have grown to know you more and more, we just love you more and more! I know you will enjoy your travel time and family time immensely and I’m so happy for you. You have worked so hard and deserved to have plenty of time to enjoy “retirement”. You have created such a wonderful “pixies” group and a huge following. Though you will SADLY missed, I do wish you much happiness and FUN on this next journey!!!! oxoxoxoxox Love you Jan! Thanks for how you have impacted my life!

• Jan says:

Thank you, Kathy! It’s been my pleasure and my passion – I appreciate you letting me know that it was beneficial to you! I will do my best to have tons of fun!

6. Katrina says:

Jan first, good for you for taking much deserved “ME-TIME” for yourself and family!
    The years slip by quickly, so when something inside says go for it, you listened.

2nd, because of you even before p2P, I was casing your wonderful ideas of making beautiful, fun and exciting Scrapbook pages. After you started p2P it was icing on the cake. Thank you for all your creative knowledge and talent that you’ve shared.

Congrats on the new grand baby that’s on the way and your early retirement .
    Hope your sassy sisters vacation is the best ever!

Hugs
    Katrina

• Jan says:

Thanks, Katrina! I am looking forward to our Sassy Sister trip and to much more time spent with the grands. And time to work on my scrapbook pages!! I will miss my daily p2P interactions, but I’ll be around!

7. Valerie Yanku says:

Best wishes in the next chapter! Glad to hear that we will still “see’ you at events. I will definitely see you at Forever Live 2018 in Pittsburgh. Enjoy your grandchildren and spoil them to pieces!! That’s what us grandparents do!!

8. Rosena Becker-Ross says:

Congratulations Ma’am,

I am so excited for your next journey. I have learned so much from you from the start of P2P and I look forward to hounding you on getting some pages done. 🙂 Enjoy that new grandbaby coming that is close. Yes 4 hours is just a hop skip and a jump in Texas. Have fun on vacation. Love, Rosena

9. katrina says:

Congratulations, Jan, on your retirement! It is difficult to let go of an endeavor you have put so much energy and time into, but as you stated, you know when it is time to let go and move into a new season of life. Enjoy the time freed up from fulfilling the demands of your responsibilities at p2P.
    Many websites have an “Our Story” page. Although you might not want to add such a page to p2P, from the days of CM to the current Forever p2P, it would be interesting to have the history and evolution of the website. If not on the p2P website, maybe you would be willing to post your story on the Facebook page. Those of us from the CM “back in the day” times to now would enjoy reading about the journey.
    Your persistence and dedication to enlarging your reach to assisting and inspiring scrapbookers across the globe is amazing and admirable. All of us who use the website appreciate your hard work and diligence. Thank you.

• Jan says:

Thank you so much, Katrina! I will have to look back through my blog posts through the years – I know there are several that tell the story you asked about. I’ll be sure to include links to them on my blog this week!