This video will give you some workflow options when sending your photos from your Historian Vault to your FOREVER Storage Account.  This video will show you options for marking the photos you want to send to your FOREVER Account.  It will also give you an option for keeping track of the photos that you have added or need to add to your FOREVER Account.   Feel free to adopt some or all of this workflow option to create the perfect workflow option for you.

If you are new to Historian and need further explanation on organizing your photos in Historian using categories and tags, or if you simply need more help managing your Historian vaults CLICK HERE to Focus on Historian.

Historian to Forever [13:53 mins]

12 Responses to Historian Video: Historian to FOREVER (Album Structure/Workflow)

1. Jan Vomacka says:

Tameka,
    This is excellent. I am hoping that in the next Historian update, they add an “uploaded to Forever” tracker that works like the print tracker. Because I print photos, I have a lot already marked “printed.” I have devised an interim solution that I hope to change with future updates. The best part of this is the nested album for tags, and your reason for doing so. SO glad I watched this before getting too deep into my tags in Historian. THANKS

2. Hague says:

So enjoyed this video Tameka. I went through it at least 10 times and started and stopped it as you said to do and I am happy to say that I have finally uploaded my favorites from 2017 into my Forever Storage acct. that I purchased and has been sitting there waiting for me since last Spring! They are all neatly in an album with nested albums etc. Today I watched your video again and all my albums have covers now! I also finally downloaded the Forever app on my phone and now it is so easy to show others my pictures! Thank you once again for such great instruction. I faced my fear and finally did it! It really was easy after watching this.

3. Cathy says:

I have taken away the tags with a person’s name and done facial recognition. Is facial recognition not recognized or do I upload that category as a tag? I hope that makes sense.

4. Barbara says:

This was a great training Tameka. I have gotten kind of frustrated with the duplicates going into my Forever account and this definitely let me know how to resolve that. Thank you!

5. jkool53@yahoo.com says:

Great to know. I am definitely going to try this out! Good instructive video-thank you!

6. Donna Pullan says:

Great video. I was having a hard time developing a good workflow so this is very helpful. Will implement immediately. Thank you! ☺

7. Lindie says:

Fantastic. Wish I had known this a long time ago. Guess I should go back to the drawing board. Great video btw.
    Lindie

8. Cindy Rold says:

Thanks for the helpful video. Here are some questions:
    I already use the Print feature to show what photos I have used in albums created in A5. Do you have another suggestion for how I know whether I have added photos to Forever?
    Why do you have to create an album for your tags? Don’t the tags come over automatically from Historian to Forever and then I can find photos by tags? You obviously have a good reason for creating an album for each tag, but I’m not sure what it is or how that works with the Tags feature in Forever.
    I have a Family category in Historian. Then I have tags for each individual that are under Family. If I just moved all of those Family photos over into a Family album, would all of those tags come with them?

• Tameka says:

Hi Cindy. An alternative to using the print feature would be to create two tags. One for photos uploaded to Forever, and one for photos not uploaded.

The reason why I create an album for the tags, even though the tags get added to my FOREVER account, is because unlike Historian, The tag selection cannot be viewed from within the album. You have to go to tag view to view the tags. Then you are not sure which album they are in without looking at the image itself. Creating an album for the Historian tags allow me to continue to view the photos in FOREVER just as I can in Historian. Also note: In Historian, You don’t actually add photos to Categories. They are added to tags within the categories. The tag in Historian operates like an Album in your FOREVER permanent storage account.

9. Great info. Now I just need the time to do it! Thanks.