I absolutely love the Forever Day2Day project. It serves as a visual diary for me and my family and records events in our lives, no matter how big or small. Day2Day provides a place where I can record little things that may not be featured in my family or children’s albums. It’s where the seemingly insignificant things in life that would otherwise be forgotten are captured and remembered for years to come.

Day2Day is a project that, someday, hopefully my children can pass onto their children and so on. How wonderful would it be to have this type of visual diary from our ancestors in our hands to look back on? It may seem that things are mundane in our “Day2Day” life, but it’s the small things that make us who we are.

The Day2Day project has no rules. It’s all about what captures my eye at any given moment. I love that it has weekly themes; my brain now works to fit those themes into what I’m doing at any given moment of the day. I don’t always stick to the theme for each day of the week, though – sometimes, there’s something else that captures my eye that I just have to take a photograph of to include in my weekly page.

Over the years, I’ve heard of people who want to give up on Day2Day after they’ve missed taking a photo for a few days. Never give up! If you’ve missed a day, complete your weekly page with six, five, or four photos (or even just one)! Whatever you have is fine. There really are no rules – this is a project that is just for you. I’ve found that it’s helpful to have an alarm set on my phone for 5pm each day to prompt me to take a photo.

One of the benefits of taking a photo each day is how you improve your photography skills. Since way back in 2011, I’ve drastically changed how I take photos. Looking at objects from different angles and through different lighting and focus has given me a whole new perspective on taking photos. Arranging flat lays and styling photos can be quite gratifying, and playing with your camera and some props is really fun!

Through the social aspect of the Day2Day project, I also love seeing all the wonderful pages, photos, layouts, and journaling from other participants. We have an amazing group of peeps who I like to think of as the “Day2Day Gang.” We all support each other, welcome newbies, and encourage those that have dropped off for a few days and picked themselves back up to continue their Day2Day journey.

I get to see spectacular travel pictures, special family moments, adorable pet photos, and gorgeous scenery. I love seeing the support that we all have for each other. Congratulations to those who have nearly finished their 2017 books and are ready to order … I can’t wait to print mine!

This year, it’s been so fun creating the 2017 Day2Day Pre-Designed Books – I’ve been blown away by the support from everyone. If you’ve loved participating in the Day2Day project, please share it with your friends and family. If you’ve never participated in taking a photo a day, give it a try – you won’t regret it! So, with the end of 2017 fast approaching, I’m already saying, “bring on 2018!” And with 2018 fast approaching there will be a brand new set of Pre-Designed Books for 2018 in store tomorrow! All the work is done for you, drag and drop your photos in, add text and you’re done. Months, years, date stamps are all part of the design, so the work is done for you.

…. and the best news …. The brand new 2018 Day2Day Pre-Designed Books will be Forever’s Deal Of The Day for Friday 8th December! That’s 50% off each size for Friday 8th December! So watch this space – on Friday you will be able to click on the images below to go straight to the size book you prefer in the store and add in the code DEALOFTHEDAY at the check-out to receive 50% off the price.

With the new year fast approaching we have decided to create a closed group on Facebook that will ensure you can post your weekly pages in an environment devoted entirely to the Day2Day project, which will be the perfect place for our Day2Day community. No-one else will be able to see your layouts except those within the group. If you would like to become a member of the Forever Day2Day Project, please click HERE to register your request to join. We also encourage you to post your weekly pages on the pixels2Pages Facebook group if you’d like to share them with the p2P community.

Click through the gallery below to see the sample pages using the 2018 Day2Day Pre-Designed Books in sizes 12″x12″, 11″x8.5″ and 8.5″x11″ Portrait.

23 Responses to Blog: Day2Day – Good-bye 2017, Hello 2018!

1. Sandra Smith says:

Darn, I missed the Friday Deal of the Day!

2. Lindy Stewart says:

I’ve been thinking about doing a day-to-day album for years. I’ve tried off and on. Now that I have a phone that takes half decent pictures, that might make it easier. So this year I’ll try. Now I see your pre-designed book. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the geometric backgrounds!!! So I’ll get the book and it will make it that much easier to participate and complete.

• Janice says:

Yay Lindy!!! Glad you’re joining in for 2018 – this will be the year you complete the project, I’m sure of it! So glad you love the style of the Pre-Designed Book, it will make it very easy to keep up to date. Just set an alarm on your new phone to remind you at about 4pm each day to take a photo if you haven’t done so already, and you’ll keep up to date.

3. Deanna says:

I have been debating about doing another D2D project. But after reading your blog, I think I’ll attempt it. I like what you stated above about doing only 1 photo a week if that’s what fits into your schedule. So I’m looking at D2D with new eyes. Thanks so much, Janice, for your passion for this project.

4. Cindy Berger says:

Thanks so much Janice. I have loved doing D2D this year and with your encouragement and the pre-designed pages, I am almost there! I’m looking forward to the special group since seeing other pages has helped with my designs as well. Can’t wait to start 2018.

• Janice says:

Thanks so much Cindy! 🙂 I can’t wait for 2018 either – it’s so funny! Christmas hasn’t even happened yet and there is still the excitement of finishing this year’s Day2Day project – but I’m with you – can’t wait!!!

5. Terry Vachowski says:

I had just bought the new 2018 book for monthly summary pages. After seeing how much easier the books came together this year with your pre-designed weekly pages, I may need to come back after a two year absence. I have still felt like a part of the group even though I wasn’t taking daily photos, and still look forward to everyone’s pages.

• Janice says:

I’m really hoping you’ll join back in for 2018 – and there’s a new Facebook Group that just focuses on Day2Day! Fingers crossed you’ll be back into it after your 2 year break. I think you mean you bought the 2017 Pre-Designed Book Terry? I was so glad you found them useful and enjoyed doing the monthly summaries.

• Terry Vachowski says:

Janice the one I had already bought last week for next year was the 2018 PDP year book. I did use the 2017 PDB useful for my regular pages this year though.

• Janice says:

I’m going to use the Yearbook 2018 Pre-Designed Book for my family album next year – hoping I’ll keep it to a double page spread for each month, with inserting a dps here and there for special days/trips/outings. I did that for my 2016 Family Yearbook using the Yearbook 2017 PDB, and it worked out great. Just waiting to receive it from the Forever Print Shop as I ordered it with the Black Friday sales! Can’t wait to get it! My Day2Day book is totally about my own project mostly – and the fun I have with my camera. 🙂

• Terry Vachowski says:

That’s pretty much how I hope to use the yearbook next year. I liked doing monthly summary pages but it ended up taking entirely too much planning and work. Your yearbook should make it much easier. Thanks, Janice!

• Johnnie says:

Janice and Terry….last year I combined my Family Book and Day2Day together. I’m going to have a 99 page book. BUT I found that I wasn’t able to put all of my pictures that I wanted into this book. I’m trying to find a balance between being creative, which can be more time consuming and doing the books quickly. Thanks for discussing this here. I’m thinking I might do both next year….or do Day2Day and a Family book using Blueprints. Any pros and cons? Wow so many options…:)

• Janice says:

Johnnie, I love that you’ve combined your Day2Day with your Family project. I was thinking of doing that as well this year, but I’ve found that the Family yearbook needs to a book all on it’s own as my style of Day2Day is definitely a project just for me at this stage, although I know my “kids” will love having them in years to come. I am using the 2017 and the new 2018 Yearbook Pre-Designed Books to do my Family book. I am a bit behind in my Family Yearbooks, but this year I managed to do my 2016 Family Yearbook in just over 24 hours using the “Yearbook 2017 Pre-Designed Book”. I added a couple of double page spreads by duplicating the pages for special events like weekend getaways, special birthdays and other events. I can’t believe how quickly it all came together with each month a double page spread plus a few extra pages. I’m waiting on the Fed-ex man to deliver it after the big Black Friday sales – can’t wait!

• Johnnie says:

Thank you Janice for responding. I looked through the books at Forever and I love the 2018 Yearly Book you designed. I’m pretty sure I’m going to use it for the format of my Family Book and then keep doing the Day2Day. I’ve done a yearly book now for years but it was always a week at a time. With family you can do that but I’m finding as I don’t see my family as much it is harder so the monthly pages might work better this year. Someone said to me maybe it’s time to do one reflecting me more than my family. Since all my kids are grown and gone I think I just might do that! 🙂 Thanks again for all your help!

• Janice says:

No problem Johnnie. My scrapping style has changed over the years. Now I like clean, simple and done! The “done” is the best part! Glad you like the Yearbook 2018 PDB. I’m trying to keep it easy for people to keep up with their projects and get them finished. My Day2Day books are a bit like a reflection of me. I completed a “Book of Me” from birth to early 20’s traditionally years ago – so my Day2Day is more like my “me” book now. 🙂

6. Johnnie says:

This is so exciting! Thank you Janice for all of your hard work to make next year another special year for us. I have enjoyed this past year with Day2Day and can’t wait to see my book finished and in print! My picture taking ability has unproved so much this year and it wouldn’t have happened without Day2Day and your encouragement and seeing what others are posting. The ideas of seeing what others have done are truly inspiring and helps each of us be more creative. I’m looking forward to the fun! 🙂

• Janice says:

You’ve put a huge smile on my face Johnnie! I’ve loved seeing your weekly pages and how you have embraced this project and improved your photography along the way. It’s all about fun, photography and recording our daily lives, and of course it’s a project just for yourself! So glad you’ll be joining in next year too!

7. I want to get this going for my new years resolution. Looks like fun.

8. Sandy Norman says:

I just clicked the “join button”. This predesigned book looks like just the thing to keep me motivated. Now to go get back to making sure I have all my photos figured out to help me catch up on 2017.

• Janice says:

Yay Sandy!The Pre-Designed Book this year has been so good for me to keep up to date each week! Even though I spent a long time designing it, it was worth the end result in how quickly each page has been completed!