There are a number of reasons you might want to delete an Artisan project. Maybe you have printed the project and no longer need it taking up space on your computer. Perhaps you had a few versions of one project and you really only need the most recent one. Whatever the reason, you may have noticed that there is no “Delete” button inside the program. The only way to delete a project is to find the file in Windows and delete it from there.
Every project in Artisan lives in a Windows folder with the same name as your project. So to delete a project, the first step is to find that folder.
Step 1 : Locate Your Project
- With your project open, click on File, then Properties.
- Look for the section headed Project (about half way down the screen).
- In that section, under Location, you will see the location of your project.
Another way to find the location of a project is to hover over the name of the project in the little tabs at the top of the workspace. If you wait a few seconds, the path name should pop up.
Step 2 : Go to the File Location
- Open File Explorer, and go to that location. In this example, my Ireland project is in a folder called Personal Projects, inside a folder called Projects, on my D drive.
- Inside that location you will find a folder with the same name as your project. This folder contains your project file, and all the pages and images that your project contains.
Step 3 : Delete the project
Make extra sure that you are deleting the correct folder!
To delete the project, select the project folder and hit the delete key on your keyboard, or right-click and select delete.
Step 4: Empty the Recycle Bin
Deleting moves the project into your Windows Recycle Bin. To delete it completely from your computer, you alo need to empty the Recycle Bin. To do that, locate the Recycle bin in Explorer, but DO NOT open it. Right-click and choose Empty Recycle Bin.
If you have trouble emptying the Recycle Bin (it happens sometimes) try the following
- Restart the computer, and BEFORE you do anything else, right-click on the Recycle Bin and choose Empty Recycle Bin.
- If it is still not working, restart your computer in Safe Mode, and then you will be able to empty the recycle bin. You’ll find instructions HERE for restarting in Safe Mode.