Dear Peeps,

What a ride this has been.  This is my last blog as I have retired to spend more time with my family and to travel.  My husband scaled back from his medical career and now I’m taking the opportunity to do the same.  The feelings are so mixed right now.  I find myself happy to spend more time with my husband, kids, grandkids and friends but sad to no longer be a part of my fabulous Pixie team. I’m signing up for Bible Study Fellowship this fall and registering for classes in January at our local Community College. The daily interaction, laughter, texts and support with my team will be sorely missed as will daily interaction with all of you thru Facebook.   It’s been 8 years and we’ve shared a lot and experienced a lot.  Births of grandchildren, weddings, deaths of loved ones, celebrations, graduations, surgeries and lots of fun travels.  I’ve been to another continent because of the p2P team and made so many friends with our “Peeps”. Many of you have stopped by my hometown to have coffee/tea (which I hope continues) or opened your homes to me during my travels.  These friendships are such treasures.  I’m going between smiling and crying while I write this.  They are however tears of joy for everything p2P!  I know I leave it in capable, creative hands. The University I attended even had me speak during Women’s History Month about my involvement in starting p2P! What an honor.  How can one person have been so blessed with not only an incredible business opportunity but life long friendships that surpass careers and time.

My fellow Pixies both current and past brought out the best in me and challenged me to be better.  They are such dear friends.  This was supposed to be a business but it became so much more.  It became an adventure that I will miss.  Jan, Kim, Anne, Tameka, Shelley and Alison have been my guides and sounding board for so many years. Earlier  in the company’s beginning I learned so much from Carolyn, Kerrianne, Janice, Justine, Jenny , Marilyn and Jeannine.  Penny taught me how to write technically! I know I can pick up the phone anytime and call any one of them just to chat and catch up. I hope they know my door is always open to them.

Seems like I’ve known Mona forever. I learned so much from her at FOREVER when I had the pleasure of working alongside her on her team. So many people at FOREVER I enjoyed working with.  Tom kept my computer straightened out, Sandy helped with troubleshooting, Melissa is the best at everything Artisan, Abbey was a great roommate and reminded me of my daughter and Zach reminds me of my son and it was always so fun talking to them! Shelley M was always the upbeat bright spot that made me smile! When Jan retired Roxanne came in and led us on and her ideas helped us expand the way we did things. April and Ami made work a pleasure. Rachel and Mandy who have helped out recently were always on time with things I needed done.  Thank you to everyone.  So many wonderful people at FOREVER working to bring you the best of everything.

If you’re ever in McKinney or the Dallas area message me. I’ll be free for a “cuppa”!

Until we meet again,

Mary

74 Responses to Blog: New Adventures

1. Kaye Rhodes says:

Thank you for all you’ve done for us, Mary. You’ll be missed. Have a long and happy retirement!

2. Mandy Pena says:

I have been gone most of the month of August…. today I am reading everything from the beginning of the month…yep I just read your blog post. I am sad…sad for me!! I know there comes a time people have to make changes and it seems like this change will be so good for you, your husband, and family! For that I am glad. I have learned so much from you over these years. I have loved reading your blog posts, using your blueprints, your tips and start2finish. You will be greatly missed!!!

3. Kaye Rhodes says:

Mary, I’m going to miss you! Hope you have a long and wonderful retirement!

4. Yes, I agree with Cathy, it was great meeting you in person at our Brandon retreat. Such an awesome teacher! I know you will enjoy your retirement.

5. Diane Mosakoski says:

Best of luck on your new adventure!

6. Carolyn says:

Dearest Mary! I know how you’re feeling! Closing this chapter is so hard, even if it’s for a good reason. You have always been a true blue friend. I learned so much from you, not only about being creative AND finishing projects but also about being a good grandmother. I love you dearly.

• Mary says:

I am so blesses with the gift God gave me of your friendship. It is certainly different not getting up and “working” right away but I haven’t slowed down a bit…yet!

7. Janice Phillips says:

As a person who is not good with change, I am finding it so difficult to lose another Pixie! I am very happy for you to be able to move on and enjoy your family and new ventures, but I will miss you! Thanks for all your wonderful words and help along the way!

• Mary says:

Oh Janice, thank you so much for your kind words. I will still be around in the community for sure.I have always been so inspired by yours and others pages. “See” you soon online! 🙂

8. Viv Mauriri says:

That is so sad for us but a wonderful new chapter in your book. Thanks for everything you have shared with us all. If you are ever in New Zealand there is always a bed or two at our home. God bless you on your next journey

9. June Gauntley says:

Oh Mary!!! I am so sad for us, but so very happy for you, as you take time to enjoy your family and friends. I am so glad you will be “hanging around” p2P. You are an amazing lady, whom I have enjoyed so much, with your lovely thoughtful comments on my pages! I do feel like I really know you. All best wishes to you as you ride into your happy retirement! I look forward to seeing you soon through your pages that I hope you will always be posting! Thanks for everything, Mary. Hugs&Love…<3

10. Bridget Clay says:

Amazing memories, I am SO happy to know and share in those memories. You have made some amazing friends who will be lifelong…you are right in my neighborhood 🙂 so if I am up that way I will definitely message you. Enjoy your wonderful family and make more wonderful memories. Will miss you but I know it is not the end. Thanks for your beautiful smile and teaching us so much.

11. Caroline says:

The best of everything to you, Mary! Thanks for sharing all the great photos and wonderful memories. Yes, some of us were there in the beginning!

12. Susan Dust says:

Oh congratulations Mary! Enjoy the next chapter and if you’re ever in Southern California or at Disneyland hope we can meet!

13. Linda Money says:

Oh, Mary, say it isn’t so. The selfish me wants to make you stay forever but because you are so special to me, I will wish you well and I know you will enjoy more family and travel time. You are a special person and will be sorely missed. Will be watching for you to pop in from time to time.

14. Marjorie Webb says:

We are sad to see you go, Mary, but I know you are going to love this next chapter in your life. I enjoyed looking through all these photos seeing such happy, familiar faces. Best wishes to you in your retirement.

Marjorie

15. Jan B says:

Mary. Thank you for everything that you have provided to your peeps. As one, I will miss everything that you have provided to the team. I know goodbyes and retirement always come with mixed emotions, but I know you will also enjoy the freedom that comes with retirement. Enjoy your time. Thanks again and best wishes on your new adventures.

16. Lillian Hamada says:

I am just getting involved with P2P and now you are gone!!! It’s so sad!!! You will be missed!!!

17. Sandy Almand says:

Retirement is the best, but we will all miss you!

18. Toni McDonnell says:

Mary… I am so sad to hear you are leaving the team. I have really enjoyed getting to know you. I so appreciate all the guidance in learning Artisan over the past year. You are wonderful, and I will certainly miss you. If you are ever in Austin, don’t hesitate to call and stop in for a visit! Retirement is great, as you will quickly find out. There’s nothing like getting spontaneity back in your life. Have fun with it. Hugs & best wishes!

19. Cathy Drayson says:

I am so happy I had the chance to meet you in Brandon MB! You are an amazing teacher and a great lady! Hope all your future endeavors bring you the same satisfaction that you had with P2P. You will be missed.