BlogHeader_Kim_ScrapbookingStuff

These days I look at my grown-up family and wonder “how did we get here so fast?” In some respects, it seems like we just moved to Gilroy. At the same time, I feel like I have been in Gilroy forever! We moved to Gilroy in August 1997. We choose Gilroy because that is where we could afford to move to and I could quit my job at Hewlett Packard. I wanted to be a full-time mom. Angela was 3 ½ years old and AJ and Joey were 4 months old.  Have you heard the saying “The days are long, but the years are short?” I loved being a stay-at-home mom! But, life was exhausting! Waking up with kids in the middle of the night, going to doctor appointments, getting the kids to school, school project, taking the kids to activities, being a wife, the list could go on and on. Raising a family is not for the un-caffeinated person 😊 Now, after a few short years, we have been in Gilroy for 22 years! The boys just turned 22 on May 13! Just a few weeks ago, Angela’s boyfriend asked to have dinner with Tony and me – without Angela. I guessed why before that night. Michael arrived at our house and he seemed nervous. After some chit chat at dinner, he said “I guess you might be wondering why I asked for this meeting?”  Michael proceeded to ask for Tony and my blessing to marry Angela. We said yes! On May 10th Michael invited us to witness him asking Angela to spend the rest of her life with him. And now, my baby girl is now engaged to the man she is excited to be with for the rest of her life. I am going to be the mother of the bride! How did I get to this time of my life? My children are young adults. They are pursuing their dreams for their future and beginning to build their life. Tony and I are free to do the things we want. There are parts of me that miss my young family. At the same time, I am very happy with where I am and who I am surrounded by. The key is to enjoy where you are and always dream of what comes next. Next for me is Hawaii in September, Joey graduating with his masters in May 2020, and probably a wedding in 2020. Life will always be busy. I will continue to capture life moments in pictures and tell the story of my beautiful and loving family.

14 Responses to Blog: Life is Busy

1. Kaye Rhodes says:

Congratulations to all of you!! Enjoy every minute of this very special, happy time in your daughter’s life! It only gets better!

2. Terry Vachowski says:

Congratulations to you all! He sounds like a treasure!

3. egwor13@gmail.com says:

I’m so excited for you, Tony, Angela and Michael!! What special memories!!

4. Glynn Banks says:

Congratulations! This will be such a fun year for you and your daughter! Enjoy every minute of it!!

5. Joanne Rooney says:

Such a beautiful post Kim. Congratulations to your family and Angela and Michael!Great engagement photos

6. What a beautiful page! Love the blog, too. Life goes by in a blink of an eye! Congratulations to Angelo and Michael. I can’t wait to see this story unfold in your pages.

7. Deanna Johnson says:

What a fantastic uplifting story Kim! Thank you for sharing a bit about your life and family. We are excited to have you guest our event next May in Calgary, AB. Your first trip to Canada maybe we can inspire some more fabulous Artisan pages!

8. Francine Holland says:

Congratulations, Kim, to you and your family! Precious page.

9. Lisa Purrington says:

Kim, what a lovely blog. I am wondering the same thing about where did the time go as I am packing up a house I’ve lived in for 27 years and moving on to the next stage of my life. The children are all grown and going through ‘stuff’ that has accumulated over those years and recalling all the wonderful memories of my children. I’ve been photographing items as “I can’t believe we saved this!” and sending pictures to my 3 kids scattered around the globe. I have decided to start the next adventure, lighten my ‘stuff’ load and spend the next couple of years with my grandchildren and whatever else I decide to do. But my Artisan 5 and Historian and pixels2Pages will be coming along with me wherever I go.

Life just keeps moving forward and the years zoom by. My world was turned upside down by my youngest grand daughter and it’s been 10 years already, seems just like yesterday.

Enjoy every minute!

10. Brenda Newton says:

Abosolutely wonderful and what a beautiful page to preserve such a pivitol memory in Angela’s life! She and Michael will treasure it forever!! Thank you for sharing!

11. Janet Hubert says:

Congrats!!

12. lvail@telus.net says:

Great life! Great Blog
    Exciting things ahead for sure!