In these days of “shoulda”, “coulda”, “woulda”, and “maybe”, and “what if”, I have been doing some re-evaluating of my “life”…we aren’t talking about the big LIFE, but about daily living. For example: how many of us don’t go someplace because it’s “too hot”, “too cold”, “too early”, “too late”, and, eventually, we don’t go at all. I am so guilty of this, and, I fear, I am not alone. I have missed many opportunities because I couldn’t, or wouldn’t, get my rear end off the couch. I became aware of the many lost opportunities after Dave passed and I set a goal for myself to do better. When the California poppies were radiant during the great “Super Bloom”, I went to see them. There was a recent exhibit at the old Crystal Cathedral of the art of the Sistine Chapel and I went to see it and made an outing out of it by going to Fuddruckers for an amazing hamburger. I went to San Diego on the train and went to the zoo with my kids and came home on the train. This is something I have always wanted to do (and want to do again.)

When I get home, I document these visits and re-enjoy them every time I see my pages. This is something we can all do…get out of our comfort zone and do something special. Enjoy the experience. We have no idea what tomorrow will bring…or not bring.

35 Responses to Blog: Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda by Lynn Bisset

1. Bonnie Kosmider says:

I love this layout – is it in a Blueprint??
    Sorry if you covered this – I’ve been out of touch for a while! Thanks!!!

2. anjneil@hotmail.com says:

Thanks for the prompting to get moving …and to set down a record when we get back. I think your scenic poppy fields were so appropriate in that particular template.
    I’ve been meeting the challenge of field tripping with my grand daughter to the zoo, and Butterfly Biosphere in the last two days. She’s egging me on for a swim date next week.
    I put together 3 pages of Butterfly time. Am looking to complete the Zoo pages, too.

3. Nancy Ballance says:

Lynn, you said it so well and it is so timely for me. Thanks you!

4. Lex Bakarich says:

I know what you mean! I missed many great events because I didn’t have some one to go with me. Now I’m determined to do things, even if alone! Get out of my comfort zone and live life!
    Can you tell me what BP you used?

5. Mandy Pena says:

This was such a great encouragement… and very timely. I am with my mom who is not doing very well right now. We still don’t know if she will pull through and be able to stay with us a bit longer. As I sit by her side, I think… I should have called, I should have flown down sooner, I should have sent a mother’s day card… she means so much to me. Now I can just sit by her side and love on her and tell her how much I love and respect her. I can tell her how much she means to me now— but she doesn’t understand. I really love your page and the inspiring words.

6. Cindy Rold says:

Great blog, Lynn. Thanks for sharing. I’m a big proponent of getting out and enjoying life, and I do a lot. And there are still times that I have to “force myself” to make the effort. It ebbs and flows.

7. embmoore@yahoo.com says:

Thank you for encouraging us to get out of our comfort zone.

8. Jackie Beechner says:

I learned, 23 years ago, to never take anything for granted. That reminder was smacked in my face on August 31 and September 8 of last year. I am so very excited for you that you are taking these opportunities… and I know how much you have wanted the OG tagging along. Keep on daytrippin’, MamaLynn. Keep on preserving those memories! All my love!

9. Janice Phillips says:

1st of all, I love your DPS! I am also adept at putting things off waiting for the “best” time to do them. I don’t sit on the couch, but at my computer, and would be quite happy if I never got up. It isn’t like I don’t have things that I could do, but I seem to lack the energy and motivation. When I do go out, I usually have a great time! Good for you for getting off of your couch! Thanks for reminding me to make more of an effort.

10. joycegcmc@hotmail.com says:

Thanks for this reminder Lynn. I have been trying to live this advice this year. I have already taken a few photo adventures this year. Last weekend, I endured the heat (100 F not considering the humidity) to be at an outdoor birthday party for college roommate’s first grandchild. I still have a few more planned this year.

11. Lindy Keelan says:

Thank you for sharing, Lynn. And I LOVE your pages!

12. Iva Butler says:

Thank you for the reminder Lynn. We should stop putting things off and saying “someday” and start saying “today” because who knows how many “somedays” we have left. It’s time to enjoy each day and build more memories to scrap about!

13. Judy Tardie says:

You are so right! Seize every moment because life can change in a second! So very proud of you!!!

14. Thank you for the reminder, Lynn! I find myself wanting to do more things now that my kids are grown and I have more time. As you know, 2019 has been a very tough year for me and your guest blog reminded me that I need to do just that — enjoy every day! Thank you, Friend!

15. Terry Vachowski says:

Thanks so much for the reminder, Lynn! It’s so hard sometimes, but I have been trying to get better at making myself do things too. Keep up the inspiration! XOXO

16. Jan B says:

A perfect reminder for each of us to make today count! Thank You Lynn

17. Sharon Rohnert says:

This so resonates with me. Since my husband died last year, I so often think of the things we talked about doing, but never got it done. Thanks for the inspiration!

18. Kim says:

Lynn, thank you for the reminder to get out and enjoy our surroundings!

19. patsybrown5@gmail.com says: