This crop is all about finishing projects.  There is no faster way to get pages done than using the Power Layouts method.  Let’s take the traditional concept of Power Layouts and apply it to the digital scrapbooking world.  Power layouts will help you organize large projects (or even small projects) to pre-plan an album or pages. This video shows you the practical use of the Album Planner in Historian to help you complete your projects in Artisan.

(This video is available to the public through January 26, 2020.)

Power Layouts Digi Style [9:37 mins]

video

Don’t think we are going to let you off with just watching this technique.  Take what you have learned and create 4 or more pages using the Power Layouts method.  Post some of your pages to the p2P Community.  In the post be sure to let us know how many pages you created using the method and how long it took you.  Be sure to use the following hashtag:

#p2PPowerLayoutsGame

We also have a collaborative album where you can share your pages. CLICK HERE to share your power layout pages. This is perfect for those of you who may not be on Facebook. Please make sure to credit your layout before adding them to the album. THIS TIP will show you how to add the credits to your image.

Badges:

Click the image below to collect your badge for this offering:

Tagged with →

17 Responses to UFO Crop Game 1: Digi Power Layout

1. Patty Peters says:

WOW!!! I can’t believe how easy this was. Love this. Thank You so much.

2. Cindy Rold says:

I tried this the last time you all posted it and didn’t find it faster. I tried again this crop to see if I noticed a difference. I have gotten so used to using double page spread BPs that it seems like the power layout is slower. Perhaps I’m missing something, though. Normally, I look at my photos in the photos panel and decide whether I want one or two pages. Assume I want a 2 page spread. Then I choose Add a Page and go to my BPs. I choose the DPS I want and import them both at the same time. Then I fill them with photos.
    In the power layout, I put the photos on the pages. Then I go to Template, find my DPS but can only add one at a time. Then I have to do the same for the second template in the DPS. And if I don’t like the way my photos were put in the slots, I have to rearrange them. It seems like it’s just faster my original way.
    And I’m open to learning new things, so I’m wondering if there’s something I’m missing that makes the power layout faster or if it’s just faster if you’re primarily doing a single page spread.

• Tameka says:

I think overall Power Layouts is faster because you are following a system. I pretty much design in Double Page Spread as well. The album planner part is the biggest part for me. I also find that having the photos on the page already gives me the opportunity to swap out the templates and see what the look like with my photos in it. In the end, It really depends on the person and the person’s work flow and thought processes if one is faster than the other.

3. SCRAPPYGIRL66 says:

Oh MY! This is a WOW moment!!! I have heard about this feature in Historian but have never seen it demonstrated. I LOVED power layouts in traditional scrapbooking! This is a game changer for me!!!! Thank you!!!! I hope I took good notes to remember all the steps.

4. Kathy Stone says:

Where has this been all my life!!! Thank you

5. Shirley Murray says:

Love this! Excited to make photo albums again after watching this video! Now I can get my big California vacation album done finally! Thanks so much Kim!!

6. tealasparks@comcast.net says:

This is tremendous! (Sorry for the bold/loud font)! Are these directions in a written format anywhere? Didn’t see in P2P. Thanks!

7. Dana Browne says:

I love, love, love this method! Although I don’t use Historian, I do pick it up from the point at which you drop your photos on the page and then add the templates and BPs. It was such a game changer to learn this method!

8. karen_johnson@tnc.org says:

GAME CHANGING!!!! I’ve always used power layouts for traditional albums, but had been doing this VERY clunky in Forever albums, nested albums, etc. This is AWESOME!! Plus it makes me use Historian more, when I sometimes get away from it.
    THANK YOU!! YAY!

9. Cheryl says:

This is just what I needed! However I don’t have the option to get/import media from my Forever storage library. I have updated and it says I don’t need any more updates. I’ve been looking at settings but nothing seems to be correct. Even the help option ? doesn’t show it like your video does. AND I WANT IT! I suppose I will have to call the help desk/support? Don’t have time today but hopefully soon!

• Kim says:

When you are in Artisan and choosing photos from your FOREVER account, the photos must be in an album. If the photos are just in the library, you won’t be able to see them through the Artisan connector.

10. Terry Vachowski says:

Thank you, Kim. I always use the page planner but haven’t tried the power layout yet.

11. Sandy Norman says:

This sure looks like a fun a faster way to get pages completed. I can’t wait to try this on the book I am working on for our trip to Greece.

12. Nandini Trehan says:

wow! this is excellent stuff!

13. cmkathwin@gmail.com says:

This is great! I am a huge Power Layouts fan for my paper album projects, and this is perfect for a family heritage digital project I’ll be starting soon. Thanks, Kim!