Recent changes outside our control have created an issue for those who watch our videos. This change prevents the member from pausing the video while working outside of the browser tab.
This will not be an issue for you if you:
- watch our videos completely without leaving the browser
- watch our videos from a different device than you are using to type notes or create in Artisan
- watch our videos and pause/un-pause to write notes on paper or a separate device.
This will be an issue for you if you:
- watch our videos and pause/un-pause while taking additional notes on the same device
- watch our videos and pause the video to switch to Artisan, another program or tab on the same device and then switch back to continue watching the video
- use dual monitors, watch our videos and pause/un-pause on one screen while taking additional notes or working in Artisan on the second screen
In order to be able to pause and un-pause the video at will, please follow these steps:
- Open the video in your internet browser
- Begin playing the video
- Pause the video
- The pause button will change to a play button
- Go to Artisan/Word/Notepad or any other tab and work as you normally would
- Return to the Video and click the play button (as circled in the image above)
- AT THIS POINT YOU WILL NOT CLICK PAUSE AGAIN. CLICKING PAUSE WILL RESULT IN YOU NOT BEING ABLE TO PAUSE/UNPAUSE WHEN YOU LEAVE THE SCREEN
- To pause the video, simply return to Artisan/Word/Notepad or any other tab and work as you normally would
- Leaving the browser while the video is playing will automatically pause the video for you.
- Return to the Video and click the play button.
You may continue to leave the video’s browser tab to prompt the automatic pause, do what you want to do outside of the video’s browser tab, and then return to the video and click play to un-pause the video.
These steps are the same regardless if you are using a single monitor or dual monitors.
These steps are the same even when viewing the video at full screen.